Backpacks

My father has a 6.5x55 with a camo stock and scope he had made to hunt Africa, we don't dare set it down in the bush, we'll never find it again.

LOL I never did find a pair of camo bino’s I set down after shooting a pronghorn.

LOL I never did find a pair of camo bino’s I set down after shooting a pronghorn.

They did their job. :)

Reactions: WAB
In no particular order, I currently own or have owned packs from the following in various configurations:

Seek Outside
Stone Glacier
EXO
Kifaru
Hill People Gear
Wilderness Packs
Dana Design, Bozeman
Arc'Teryx (Made in Canada)
Mystery Ranch (Made in USA models)

In no particular order, I currently own or have owned packs from the following in various configurations:

Seek Outside
Stone Glacier
EXO
Kifaru
Hill People Gear
Wilderness Packs
Dana Design, Bozeman
Arc'Teryx (Made in Canada)
Mystery Ranch (Made in USA models)
I have used the top 4 on your list. Exo which I really wanted to like, gave me the most trouble carrying weight. I did the best Stone Glacier, not sure if it's my body type or just me. Never could get the hip belt on the exo to support the weight like the others.

I recently bought the eberlestock F1 mainframe and added two bat wings pouches to carry lunch, knives, etc. A nice combo. They have many options to add to the mainframe. Hunted Kodiak island with a friend this Sept and we packed out two reindeer over the course of 2 days and 4 trips. We covered approximately 20 miles with all the back and forth. Pack worked well but at age 55 i wouldn’t do it again in the Alaskan terrain. Came across two brown bears enroute but fortunately they were not interested. I would recommend you try a few on if possible. Good luck.

Barney’s for sure. If you’re packing a lot of weight I don’t think you can beat a Barney’s pack from Anchorage. A good amount of guides use them here. Packing a rear moose quarter sucks, but sucks less with a Barney’s. Their pack distributes the weight nicely. I also have a Kuiu icon pro 5200 which does the job well, but with the carbon frame it can flex a bit with a super heavy load. Good luck on the black tail hunt.

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
einaranders81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?