AYA No. 3 28 Gauge SxS

lobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Up for your consideration is an AYA No. 3 in 28 gauge! This is a lovely little boxlock that is a joy to carry afield.

Features a classic straight English stock with fantastic dimensions to checkered butt and nice deep/sharp checkering, and disc-set strikers.

Condition is very good-excellent with excellent bores, barrel bluing, wood condition, and some very nice case color remaining. There is some typical case color wear on the bottom and around the bottom edges of the receiver. Also a bit of blue water on the trigger guard. There are a few handling marks in the wood, primarily on the bottom and heal of the stock. Nothing major suck as deep gouges or cracks in the wood. Locks up nice and tight with lever right of center.

Specifications:
Barrel Length: 27”
Choking: IC/M
LOP: 14-5/8”
DAC: 1-3/8”
DAH: 2-1/4”
Cast: Cast-Off for Right Hand Shooter
Chambers: 2-3/4”
Extractors
Weight: 5lb-1oz

I did my best to provide photos that capture imperfections, but please reach out if you would like any additional photos.

Price is $2450, and I will ship free to your FFL in lower 48.

OFFERS WELCOME!! I am always open to negotiations, but a lower price would likely require buyer to pay shipping.

Listed Elsewhere

IMG_1339.jpeg
IMG_1330.jpeg
IMG_1327.jpeg
IMG_1329.jpeg
IMG_1326.jpeg
IMG_1331.jpeg
IMG_1332.jpeg
IMG_1336.jpeg
IMG_1343.jpeg
IMG_1340.jpeg
IMG_1328.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great little bird gun and the proper weight! Its a pre DIARM gun too.

I was thinking that as well but wasn’t sure. I’ve always loved these guns.

This gun was manufactured between 1978 and 1983. The serial # should put it in the earlier portion of that range, but I'm not positive on the specific year.

It's truly a wonderful light and nimble field gun! I've personally taken wild huns, sharptail, sage grouse, and roosters with her, and have enjoyed everything about this gun. Hate to see it go, but always seems there's something else requiring funds these days. I'm confident you would not regret purchasing this one!

Also, added a few more photos that I just noticed didn’t make it on the original listing.

IMG_1335.jpeg
IMG_1333.jpeg
IMG_1337.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WAB
Sadly, I heard from a contact that the current owner of AYA has run the company into insolvency and that the factory has been shut down. Get this great gun while you still can!
I have heard the same thing.. sad to hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raphael13B

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better