AYA No. 2 Sidelock in 16 Gauge!!

lobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I have another beautiful AYA for your consideration. This is an AYA No. 2 Hammerless Sidelock in a very rare 16 gauge! A fine example of a true sidelock which utilizes Holland & Holland style locks. Shotgun has been used, but well cared for. Locks up tight, Ejectors timed and function nicely, some nice case color remaining. Blueing is very good, fit and finish is excellent. Wood is very good and checkering is nice and deep. Great dimensions to checkered butt! Gorgeous full-coverage scroll engraving on the receiver that was done by hand.

This gun is an absolute pleasure to carry afield!

Shotgun was built in 1960. Beautiful condition for its age!

*Must be shipped to FFL. Actual shipping paid by buyer.

Price: $3,400.00

Shotgun Gauge: 16 Gauge
Manufacturer: AYA
Model: Number 2
Barrel Length: 26”
Chambers: 2 3/4”
Ejectors: Yes
Condition: Very Good
Metal Condition: Very Good
Wood Condition: Very Good
Bore Condition: Excellent
Triggers: Double Triggers
Stock Cast: Slight cast-off (right hand)
Fore End: Splinter
Butt Pad: Checkered wood
LOP: 14 3/4”
Weight: 6lb 3oz
Manufacture Date: 1960
Choke Left: Mod
Choke Right: IC

Listed elsewhere.

IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0696.jpeg
IMG_0695.jpeg
IMG_0345.jpeg
IMG_9854.jpeg
IMG_9859.jpeg
IMG_9856.jpeg
IMG_9857.jpeg
IMG_9864.jpeg
IMG_9860.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a bump for your thread. While 12 bores are a dime a dozen, a 16 bore is worth 150% as much and is properly weighted for the gauge.

Friends, this is a good gun for the money, way more gun than a soulless mass produced gun. The gauge makes it worth a lot more and it can become a 15.5" gun by adding a 1" pad.

If $3400 is your budget, and you want a modern 2.75" chamber, this is your gun.

My PM was a question. I did not purchase the gun.

I don’t want to delay any more conversations

Just a bump for your thread. While 12 bores are a dime a dozen, a 16 bore is worth 150% as much and is properly weighted for the gauge.

Friends, this is a good gun for the money, way more gun than a soulless mass produced gun. The gauge makes it worth a lot more and it can become a 15.5" gun by adding a 1" pad.

If $3400 is your budget, and you want a modern 2.75" chamber, this is your gun.
Thank you for the kind words. You’re going to sell me into keeping it! I already do not want to let this one go..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HectorDang

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles