AYA No. 2 Sidelock in 16 Gauge!!

lobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I have another beautiful AYA for your consideration. This is an AYA No. 2 Hammerless Sidelock in a very rare 16 gauge! A fine example of a true sidelock which utilizes Holland & Holland style locks. Shotgun has been used, but well cared for. Locks up tight, Ejectors timed and function nicely, some nice case color remaining. Blueing is very good, fit and finish is excellent. Wood is very good and checkering is nice and deep. Great dimensions to checkered butt! Gorgeous full-coverage scroll engraving on the receiver that was done by hand.

This gun is an absolute pleasure to carry afield!

Shotgun was built in 1960. Beautiful condition for its age!

*Must be shipped to FFL. Actual shipping paid by buyer.

Price: $3,400.00

Shotgun Gauge: 16 Gauge
Manufacturer: AYA
Model: Number 2
Barrel Length: 26”
Chambers: 2 3/4”
Ejectors: Yes
Condition: Very Good
Metal Condition: Very Good
Wood Condition: Very Good
Bore Condition: Excellent
Triggers: Double Triggers
Stock Cast: Slight cast-off (right hand)
Fore End: Splinter
Butt Pad: Checkered wood
LOP: 14 3/4”
Weight: 6lb 3oz
Manufacture Date: 1960
Choke Left: Mod
Choke Right: IC

Listed elsewhere.

IMG_0699.jpeg
IMG_0696.jpeg
IMG_0695.jpeg
IMG_0345.jpeg
IMG_9854.jpeg
IMG_9859.jpeg
IMG_9856.jpeg
IMG_9857.jpeg
IMG_9864.jpeg
IMG_9860.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a bump for your thread. While 12 bores are a dime a dozen, a 16 bore is worth 150% as much and is properly weighted for the gauge.

Friends, this is a good gun for the money, way more gun than a soulless mass produced gun. The gauge makes it worth a lot more and it can become a 15.5" gun by adding a 1" pad.

If $3400 is your budget, and you want a modern 2.75" chamber, this is your gun.

My PM was a question. I did not purchase the gun.

I don’t want to delay any more conversations

Just a bump for your thread. While 12 bores are a dime a dozen, a 16 bore is worth 150% as much and is properly weighted for the gauge.

Friends, this is a good gun for the money, way more gun than a soulless mass produced gun. The gauge makes it worth a lot more and it can become a 15.5" gun by adding a 1" pad.

If $3400 is your budget, and you want a modern 2.75" chamber, this is your gun.
Thank you for the kind words. You’re going to sell me into keeping it! I already do not want to let this one go..

My PM was a question. I did not purchase the gun.

I don’t want to delay any more conversations
Thank you again for reaching out. If your trade offers become more than I can bear, you may hear from me again! Cheers!

BEAUTIFUL gun!! This one and the 28ga look nice!! I'll owns BEAUTIFUL SxS someday soon I hope.. I'll be saving up money for one! Hopefully you'll still have these down the road..

BEAUTIFUL gun!! This one and the 28ga look nice!! I'll owns BEAUTIFUL SxS someday soon I hope.. I'll be saving up money for one! Hopefully you'll still have these down the road..
Thank you for the interest. Should you decide there’s a price you have in mind for one of them, I’m always open to offers! The 28ga No. 3 that I have listed may have a little more room for negotiation than this 16ga though. Cheers!

Thank you for the interest. Should you decide there’s a price you have in mind for one of them, I’m always open to offers! The 28ga No. 3 that I have listed may have a little more room for negotiation than this 16ga though. Cheers!
I'll definitely be reaching out once I have more funds saved up!

Yes, the AyA's are excellent shotguns, especially the No 2 sidelocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia