Jager Waffen74

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, NRA, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Tanzania, Nimibia, S. Africa, New Zealand, Mexico, Yukon, Northwest Territories
I am selling this for a good friend, and I did some research and not many made. Fieldsport sold one this year for $7500.00. It is a AYA sidelock 12 bore shotgun with 2" chambers. This are real popular in the UK and there is a following here in the states. RST has shells for these guns. It is heavily engraved with case hardened receiver, with outstanding wood and it is an Ejector gun. Comes with the luggage case and would rate the gun at 98% or better. I will do my best to answer any question. This firearm is owned by JD Rockefeller MD. He is a direct family member of the Rockefeller family.

20240912_201936.jpg
20240912_200924.jpg
20240912_200928.jpg
20240912_200932.jpg
20240912_201035.jpg
20240912_201203.jpg
20240912_201100.jpg
20240912_201319.jpg
20240912_201612.jpg

Asking $5000.00

Last edited:
Do you have the specs?
- weight
- lop
- barrel length
- stock dimensions

Thanks

Do you have the specs?
- weight
- lop
- barrel length
- stock dimensions

Thanks
I will get all this information today and post it. I do know the barrel is 27.5"

Reactions: WAB
I believe this is actually an Arrieta and not an AYA. “Wingshooters Light Game Gun” - these are great guns. I have one but was brought in from New England Gun Co and is their version of it instead of WSA’s. RST makes some great 2” shells. Whoever gets this will really enjoy it!

I believe this is actually an Arrieta and not an AYA. “Wingshooters Light Game Gun” - these are great guns. I have one but was brought in from New England Gun Co and is their version of it instead of WSA’s. RST makes some great 2” shells. Whoever gets this will really enjoy it!

Approximately what do they weigh?

I believe you are correct, it is an Arrieta. I thought that Arrieta was AYA, goes to show how much I know on these. I have a call into the owner, he is tied up until late this afternoon, I will get all the info posted. Gun is pretty light, I didn't weigh it, but I think it is in the 5 3/4 -6lb range.. It is a dream to handle.

Again, not my gun, and I don't have it in my possession. He sent me pics to post it. I have handled it and it is like new condition. Really nice.

The case is really fancy, but not correct. It can be fixed by changing the maker label. It is a Ugartechea case.

Reactions: WAB
Here is a link to the same gun, he just texted me and the gun is the same specifications and is available.

Attachments

Last edited:
The OP buried the lede. The coolest thing about them is the weight, they have a superior pattern over a 28bore, but are typically the same weight. Looking forward to the specs. If its the Arrieta, I think they were made in the late 1980s or early 1990s when the 2" 12 bore shell saw a bit of a Renaissance. I've even seen Berettas in the chambering.

The serial number will verify if its an Arrieta and the year of manufacture.

It is an Arietta and I listed this for a friend.
The OP buried the lede. The coolest thing about them is the weight, they have a superior pattern over a 28bore, but are typically the same weight. Looking forward to the specs. If its the Arrieta, I think they were made in the late 1980s or early 1990s when the 2" 12 bore shell saw a bit of a Renaissance. I've even seen Berettas in the chambering.
It is, the only difference from the one on Gunsinternational is the leather pad. He is supposed to call me tonight with appropriate measurements. I believe you are correct being built in late 80s into the 90s. I have been researching the 2" chambering and I am now intrigued by it. Gun comes in a hair over 6lbs. I also noticed the velocity on game loads running close to 1200fps. Perfect little grouse gun!

The serial number on the water table shows 57 (Arrieta manufacturer) and 04 (2004 as year of manufacture). (Arrieta engraved on the barrels and sidelocks.) The number of stars on the barrels near the flats under the forearm would indicate choke. (https://www.hallowellco.com/choke_chart.htm) Looks like Arrieta model 557 engraving - maybe a round action as well from the pics. Most of these came in at 5lbs 14oz. The English guns are typically lighter but the Arrieta for me is easier to shoot. Rookhawk is spot on. These guns throw great patterns. A “square” shot load and flat patterns - most the shot arrives at once. They seem to hit birds harder than you would think.

Attachments

This is a much more elegant and effective approach than the American penchant for sub bores. Alas, many quail plantations are run by folks with so little knowledge of shotguns they would actually turn away someone carrying this gun yet allow a 28 ga O/U on a 20 ga frame.

That is a 557 Arrieta and they made several different models including a limited edition model. I've owned a few of these and they vary in stock dimensions and weight. There should be stars on the barrels in front of the barrel flats. * is full ** IM *** M ****IC and CYL for skeet or cylinder. Very easy to measure the drops at heel and comb and LOP. These are nice guns. Most are stock with high dimensions but as I said they vary. They do throw great patterns. You can't go by other guns of the same model for stock dimensions and weight, they will vary. Contact me and I'll help you with the dimensions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanPalmer

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?