Australia Bans Lion Imports

Take the dick head out for a free Photo Safari on the Tasman Sea and give him some opportunities for a close up of the sea floor.

just got in touch with karoo taxidermy , and the cites permit their end was granted 10 th march
so , maybe if global freight , atleast applied ...........
there maybe light at the end of the tunnel , however dim.......

I call this the Bluey Lesson plan. Below is the intro to my class today.

1.FINISH FUNGI WS
2.TED AND LIONS
•HW: FUNGI QUIZ WED 3/18
•FUNGI & PLANT TEST TUE 3/24

Ted and Lions is the YouTube video where the animal right activists talks about how banning hunting actually caused a severe decline in lion populations in Botswana. I going to spend 20 minutes talking about this issue with my students and I may never get to fungi today

I call this the Bluey Lesson plan. Below is the intro to my class today.

1.FINISH FUNGI WS
2.TED AND LIONS
•HW: FUNGI QUIZ WED 3/18
•FUNGI & PLANT TEST TUE 3/24

Ted and Lions is the YouTube video where the animal right activists talks about how banning hunting actually caused a severe decline in lion populations in Botswana. I going to spend 20 minutes talking about this issue with my students and I may never get to fungi today

that's a GREAT video.... if anyone hasn't seen it it is definitely worth the watch.

That's a wrong and totally generalized decision, if Mr. Hunt are against "canned lions" please do this ban with trophy's from RSA.
Zambia will open the cats in the nearest months, and we do not breeding cats !!!
No lion hunting should be banned. By making that statement you seem very selfish IMO. No disrespect intended sir. I for one cannot afford a true free range hunt on lion, but was planning a lion hunt in SA. I would hope my country does not follow suit.

251633_134128886662632_7782348_n.jpg

Professional Hunters' Association of South Africa

AUSTRALIA: UPLISTING OF LION

We became aware on Friday, 13 March that the Australian Government has introduced a measure to treat specimens of African lion as though they are listed on Appendix I of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), which will affect the regulation of the import and export of lion specimens, including hunting trophies. The measure came into effect on 13 March 2015.

The department of Environmental Affairs is in communication with Australian Authorities, which includes clarity on the validity of permits already issued. As the notice currently reads, it seems as if Australian CITES import and export/re-export permits issued up to and including 12 March 2015 will remain valid for trade until the permit is used or expires (whichever occurs first). We will keep members informed of the formal feedback we receive from DEA in this regard.

The Australian government announced that this measure has been introduced in response to Australian public concerns about ‘canned hunting’ of African lions and more information can be found by accessing this link: http://www.environment.gov.au/…/stricter-measu…/african-lion

We still await the formal notification of Australia’s measure through a CITES notification.

PHASA’s view is that the decision by the Australian government is regrettable and in our view based on emotion as opposed to any factual finding.

Their decision is even more regrettable in the light of a recent high level ministerial meeting between the two countries, which was aimed at fully informing the Australians about the facts surrounding lion hunting in South Africa, including legislation which prohibits a range of acts that are regarded as canned hunting, South Africa’s policy of sustainable utilisation and the fact that responsible hunting holds no threat to the health of the population of the species.

It is our view that Australia’s decision is a blow to the sustainable and responsible utilisation of wildlife in general and that it will have a detrimental impact on conservation and communities in Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:
was any of our esteemed P.Hs, at the PHASA meeting yesterday ?
could you please send me a p.m . if your there for the aussies release about lions and there importation back to my once great and fair , country....
im getting conficting details and really would like a 6th opinion
thanks in advance , bluey......

Were the folks from Aus providing the notification about the "uplisting" of Lions to RSA?

no unfortunately , not yet.....bricko
just sounds like they may be changing some dates ....
not sure , just yet
just grasping straws ..........

BLUEY LION PERMIT.jpeg

thank you so much for helping me to be able post this bricko, once again

my cites permit was approved on 10 of march (3 days before the ban ) . today we got the ball rolling on the import side ..
although theres still not much chance of approval , they tell me.
ive been flat on this for the last couple of days , and been thrown some curve balls , and also met some interesting people from both sides .
so what im up against here now once they receive the cites permit import application
is that no hunted lion/lioness trophy can be imported into Australia after the 13th of march unless they were hunted prior to 1977
but my cites permit dated and approved (African end) pre 13th of march., for this same lioness can be put up and assessed for approval to import my lioness .

not sure how its going to go .
that and the fact that most everybody in office that im playing head butt with is out on holiday or just going out on holiday . but some of the first head butters are coming back from holiday next week .
the only ones that are really going at this are the few hunting orgs. that this effects
atleast one of the ones im a member didn't do squat during this and aren't about to now ,either

from what people have told me im the only one that got my export cites permit approved so far .
theres still ten aussie hunter that are waiting , some of them applied before , karoo taxidermy did mine .....another feather in their cap .
truly great people to deal with .
now the aussie side will take at most 40 working days , to either approve or disapprove.

My fingers are crossed for ya mate!

images.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you wheels
ive got until September , and they know l will be fighting for this long after that , if it doesn't happen .
you were truly blessed to get the elephant ban , dates changed
ive been emailing and talking to so many people and machines that im going wok eyed at the moment .
the bloody ends of the 2 fingers l type with are getting tender ........

That's a wrong and totally generalized decision, if Mr. Hunt are against "canned lions" please do this ban with trophy's from RSA.
Zambia will open the cats in the nearest months, and we do not breeding cats !!!

Gordon, I hunt truly wild lion as well, this was a decision based on overall emotion and not one that was intended to serve as a marketing campaign platform for some.

At the LHLF and PHASA meetings today, this is pure ignorance at work.

No matter how good we think we are, it influences us all but even worse our clients that have dreamed of hunting African Lion ANYWHERE in Africa.

My best always

it was the year that the cites treaty was signed by about 170 odd countries ......
so apparently when an animal is listed as cites one , it is dated back to the year of origin .....
this is my make up of it...
and could be wrong ......
but the trueth is these laws wernt passed until march 13th . in Australia
and have no legal standing on any lion hunted before then , no matter what shit , or how thick it gets spread ........
this is why im applying for my cites permit to import lion and parts .
as said above
you cant import a legally hunted lion that was hunted after 1977
but any export permit signed before march 13th 2015, will be reviewed and assessed for importation .

jaco is on the money , this law is based on ignorance

the elected dick , the dishonourable minister of enviorament ,greg hunt (cant believe we share the same surname )
one uniformed ingnoramus, and its pretty certain that it will be proved that acted out of accord , in this matter .

also found out today that there is infact 16 aussies trying to import , legally and ethically hunted loins , from last year and the year before .

this greg hunt has an opinion that all hunting is canned .....
this isn't about saving the lions of Africa .
its about banning hunting , one specie at a time ....

jaco is on the money , this law is based on ignorance

this greg hunt has an opinion that all hunting is canned .....
this isn't about saving the lions of Africa .
its about banning hunting , one specie at a time ....

Hope this can all be sorted out Bluey!

And completely agree with your statements. The storm isn't coming, it is here.

Well Bluey what a pain. I feel for ya. keep up the good fight. If there is 16 of you that provides a decent pool for some attorney fees should it come down to that. Best of luck to ya. bruce

a class action , is a sad fact , and l can see that's where its going , bruce .
thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88games

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt