Auguste Francotte 300HH

I ask this question before pertaining to another rifle that had a Griffin and Howe side mount and don't remember what I was told. What would be involved for a smith to remove the G&H side mount and drill the receiver for scope rings?

It would be a ruined gun worth a $1000 if you did that. Inletted side of stock that looks wonky. Wrong looking plugs installed and blued into the side of the action.

A G&H mount is one of the finest in the world, not exactly sure what the point would be to toss out lobster in exchange for hamburger?
 
It is indeed a beauty. I actually looked at it again a few times in the last couple of days.
 
What is the barrel length and LOP?
 
23” and I believe standard LOP but will have to confirm
There really is no standard LOP especially between American and Euro rifles. How did you arrive at 23" for the barrel?
Bolt face to muzzle?
Thanks for the info.
 
There really is no standard LOP especially between American and Euro rifles. How did you arrive at 23" for the barrel?
Bolt face to muzzle?
Thanks for the info.
Sorry for the delay, had to pull it from storage. LOP is 13.5 and barrel is 23” from bore to muzzle
 
Sorry for the delay, had to pull it from storage. LOP is 13.5 and barrel is 23” from bore to muzzle
Bore to muzzle?? What does that mean?
 
Truly a steal at that price I believe.

If I didnt already have 2x 300 H&H in the safe, I might be extremely tempted..
 
I Love this rifle. I've always liked it. Glad to see the price is moving.

Replace the scope and G&H mount with a lower installed G&H mount and a straight tube scope. Go hunt it on safari and in North America! New mount and 1-8x24mm optic mounted low, would be perfect. Sell the used optic and G&H 1" mount to offset cost.

I offered to buy it 1.5 years ago. It's approaching the price I offered back then. Lovely rifle if adjusted.

I'll see if its still available at Christmas, if so, it will probably be mine.
 
23” from the rear of the barrel to the front of it.
Not trying to be a PITA, but the proper way to measure a barrel is from the bolt face to the muzzle. When you say from the rear of the barrel, a lot of guys consider the point where barrel meets receiver as the rear of the barrel, but it isnt and is not how a barrel is measured. Bolt face to muzzle.
In the interest of accuracy only.
Thanks
 
Not trying to be a PITA, but the proper way to measure a barrel is from the bolt face to the muzzle. When you say from the rear of the barrel, a lot of guys consider the point where barrel meets receiver as the rear of the barrel, but it isnt and is not how a barrel is measured. Bolt face to muzzle.
In the interest of accuracy only.
Thanks
23" from BF to muzzle
 

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
70,385
Messages
1,574,696
Members
170,133
Latest member
Holomanwillmes
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top