August 2024 Taxidermy quote **STICKER SHOCK**

Deer park is right outside of Oakland so I’m not sure what you are talking about. I was quoted 1375 for a kudu shoulder mount in early 2022 when I booked my trip. I’m sure it’s gone up in price like everything else but I doubt he would almost double
Dam is in fact 1st class. He is not in Deer Park - he is in Oakland near Deep Creek. But... he is not cheap. The prices that the OP posted is VERY close to Dan's. In fact, I wondered if that's Dans quote. Good work ain't cheap.

I posted a full hunt report and numerous photographs on hunttalk.com and more pictures on rockslide.com. I figured that since I hunted this desert Bighorn sheep in Arizona that I would post The Hunt report on those sites versus an African hunting site. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider A.k.a. Tom.

How rude! Teasing hunt report. Then depriving us details and interesting reading. :cool::LOL:

Taxidermy materials have gone through the roof and demand is high in most places. Having said that, I'd say those quotes are those of a tradesman that doesn't particularly want (need) the work.

While those prices are high, I’ll admit I’ve seen higher from a several of the big name shops where the name that made them and won the awards won’t even be touching your animals.

@gizmo does great work.

In the northeast you can try Joe at Northeast Taxidermy or Johnny at Its A Trophy Taxidermy. Both are based out of Connecticut. Johnny is a personal friend, a retired/disabled Navy Veteran who touches each piece himself and really specializes in Africa stuff. Joe does award winning work, he’s a bigger studio with a bunch of people working for him but he tends to do the fish and African stuff letting his crew turn through the typical deer and North American species.
It's safe to assume that the OP is from the northeast, therefore we also assume his shipment will flying into one of the NY airports, most likely JFK.
In order to take advantage of the lower priced taxidermy available outside the Northeast, the OP needs to ship his trophies to Indiana, Texas etc..
Can you imagine the additional shipping cost's? New York to Texas with the raw materials and then Texas to the OP's home with finished, crated shoulder mounts?!?! Last mile, residential delivery, lift gate boxtruck? Yes, it's less expensive almost anywhere outside the New York/New England area, and yes, it's going to cost more for African taxidermy. That's just how it is.

Three years ago I had an older Euro mount and a newer, dip and pack cape, both from a Namibian Kudu, assembled into a magnificent shoulder pedestal. The job was done at Northeast Taxidermy and I will, and have, recommended them to anyone that might ask. Three years ago the job cost me $2500, and now three years later it's still the same price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephanStu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe