August 2024 Taxidermy quote **STICKER SHOCK**

IMG_3509.jpeg

Wow. Ridiculously high quotes.

Just for comparison pricing, I paid $950 total for my Desert Bighorn Sheep shoulder mount about a month and a half ago near Indianapolis.

Best of luck, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

I just received a quote from a reptuable taxidermist in the northeast. There are others that I am contacting. Does some one have suggestions on another taxidermist from Maryland to New England area? I may have to take a chance and have them mounted in Africa and have them shipped. Here is the quote. Thank you.

Greater Kudu Shoulder Mount - $2,510.00
Zebra Pedestal Mount - $$3,750.00 plus the cost of the base. Base costs are determined by style and type of wood chosen.
Eland Shoulder Mount - $3,950.00
Gemsbok Shoulder Mount $2,100.00
Hartebeest Shoulder Mount $1,925.00
This is what I paid Splitting Image Taxidermy in Port Elizabeth
IMG_9077.jpeg

View attachment 625105

Wow. Ridiculously high quotes.

Just for comparison pricing, I paid $950 total for my Desert Bighorn Sheep shoulder mount about a month and a half ago near Indianapolis.

Best of luck, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.
Wow, what a desert ram! Look at the broomed flare on that beast. Why do we not have a hunt report on this one? He's awesome.

Wow, what a desert ram! Look at the broomed flare on that beast. Why do we not have a hunt report on this one? He's awesome.

I posted a full hunt report and numerous photographs on hunttalk.com and more pictures on rockslide.com. I figured that since I hunted this desert Bighorn sheep in Arizona that I would post The Hunt report on those sites versus an African hunting site. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider A.k.a. Tom.

Erik just had my New Mexico elk delivered. Base was custom done by Erik and looks great! I will try to post a photo later! Erik does great work. Hopefully he will have a big mule deer for me (that I haven’t hunted) in the near future!!

Those are crazy prices! Anxious to see what route you decide to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorene69L8

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]