August 2024 Taxidermy quote **STICKER SHOCK**

eatmore-pbj

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I just received a quote from a reptuable taxidermist in the northeast. There are others that I am contacting. Does some one have suggestions on another taxidermist from Maryland to New England area? I may have to take a chance and have them mounted in Africa and have them shipped. Here is the quote. Thank you.

Greater Kudu Shoulder Mount - $2,510.00
Zebra Pedestal Mount - $$3,750.00 plus the cost of the base. Base costs are determined by style and type of wood chosen.
Eland Shoulder Mount - $3,950.00
Gemsbok Shoulder Mount $2,100.00
Hartebeest Shoulder Mount $1,925.00

I just received a quote from a reptuable taxidermist in the northeast. There are others that I am contacting. Does some one have suggestions on another taxidermist from Maryland to New England area? I may have to take a chance and have them mounted in Africa and have them shipped. Here is the quote. Thank you.

Greater Kudu Shoulder Mount - $2,510.00
Zebra Pedestal Mount - $$3,750.00 plus the cost of the base. Base costs are determined by style and type of wood chosen.
Eland Shoulder Mount - $3,950.00
Gemsbok Shoulder Mount $2,100.00
Hartebeest Shoulder Mount $1,925.00
If you think that is sticker shock, wait until you get a shipping quote for full mounts from Africa….
@gizmo and his Top of Texas Taxidermy are a good reference for quality and pricing in the States.
This is the link to his price list so you can compare…

Those are stupid prices. The thought process must be “ let’s double our prices and see if the sheep will pay it”

No thanks :cool:

Last edited:
If you think that is sticker shock, wait until you get a shipping quote for full mounts from Africa….
@gizmo and his Top of Texas Taxidermy are a good reference for quality and pricing in the States.
This is the link to his price list so you can compare…
I was thinking the same thing about shipping costs.

Those prices are very high. I can’t speak to a good taxidermist in your area but there are many good taxidermist in the USA and all of them will ship to you.

Erik Grimland who’s mentioned above is excellent.

HH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoycelynSi

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available