Argentina vs Africa

Interesting this popped up. I’m working out the details of free range stag and tahr in New Zealand for 2027. I’m going to Namibia in 2026 or I would have had this stag hunt then.

That hunter killed by a water buff was the president of the Mexican hunting group of guides (don’t know the official name). Tragic accident.

Well I was about to do a hunt report, but this might work instead. I went early may with CazaPampa outfitters (they had a booth at DSC) I booked in January for may for blackbuck and red stag. They were introduced over a century ago and are free-range here. An absolute blast. I did not take my own rifle for the same reasons given you. I will just insert pictures for now.
20240502_163811.jpg
20240503_083544.jpg
20240503_135623.jpg
we actually saw that buffalo the second day and the owner said he has been wanting that old crochety buffalo gone and gave me a cull price to do it.
20240504_061556.jpg

Are there companies that stand out ? that someone should book with? or companies to stay away from ? Should you use their shotguns? and take the temper out of their barrels :LOL:
I have hunted with @MG Hunting primarily and they are my outfitter for 26. They are a sponsor here, and I can not recommend anyone more highly.
Red Stag Hunting Argentina

Red Stag Hunting Argentina

Perdiz Hunting Argentina

Duck Hunting Argentina

Last edited:
Well I was about to do a hunt report, but this might work instead. I went early may with CazaPampa outfitters (they had a booth at DSC) I booked in January for may for blackbuck and red stag. They were introduced over a century ago and are free-range here. An absolute blast. I did not take my own rifle for the same reasons given you. I will just insert pictures for now. View attachment 626008View attachment 626009View attachment 626010we actually saw that buffalo the second day and the owner said he has been wanting that old crochety buffalo gone and gave me a cull price to do it. View attachment 626011
I would love to see your hunt report on its own topic to reach the most readers. I hope you will post it. I would learn a lot from it.

While I had no particular "plan" per se, I hunted Africa prior to Argentina. Both were very exciting destinations, yet are quite different, as mentioned by others. In my opinion, hunters that overlook either are really missing out on something special.

I'm by no means a subject matter expert on either but the easiest way I can describe the difference would be: Africa is a more dark, dangerous, 3rd world feeling which can have adrenalin rushes around every corner. Argentina feels more like hunting somewhere in the US you have never been before with animals you've never seen.

On a side note, while cape buffalo are more aggressive and dangerous, the water buffalo can be almost as intimidating due to their sheer size. Pictures never do them justice.

See my hunting report below from April for a couple free range stags, buffalo, and blackbuck with @MG Hunting

15.jpg

25.jpg

29.jpg

35.jpg

55.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasEldred

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe