Argentina Exporter Raided Trophies Seized

I doubt you hurt anyone’s feelings, but you sure misunderstood MG’s comments. They were simply providing on the ground intel in an attempt to help you and others caught in this situation. You reciprocated with an insult.
Yes I did misunderstand I guess and I apologize. I didn't know MG was a top outfitter and not one of the expert saturday am TV watching squirrel hunters that post a lot. It was clearly not Red Stags only given the nature of the seizures, and I had just heard 'on the ground' info very differently that turned out to be very accurate. I'm sure local TV showed mostly stags because that's the most visible and identifiable trophies. I only posted this info to help others. Ask me about the gun import laws in England, if you've got 2 hours (British Air has different rules than Heathrow, and within Heathrow, Terminal E has different rules than the other big int'l terminal). Again, I've used this site for years and only decided to post to help others with what I believed to be very accurate and up to date info, which I believe it was. Cheers.

I have had a lot of trophies shipped over the years and had my share of losses. I have a lion coming from Zambia now and the taxidermist there told me most of his clients are insuring their lion trophies which covers it from his shop to my taxidermist. I have never done this before, but did it this time as lions have become so expensive, I thought I should pay for the extra coverage.
Can you share who you used to insure, and how did you vet them? Replying to your post instead of a PM because it's getting to a point we will have to insure to cover us.

Can you share who you used to insure, and how did you vet them? Replying to your post instead of a PM because it's getting to a point we will have to insure to cover us.
Mine never made it to the "insure" phase. They had just been delivered by my outfitter for pre transit prep (tan hides/bleach skulls). Was going all European mounts except for a full mount Blackbuck I was going to have done in the States. I had just emailed my outfitter to ask him if my stuff had made it to the local taxidermist when he told me about the raid/seizure. I went on this site to find info and got a bit peeved when I read the "theories", and not facts. Of course the Argentinian outfitters posting rightfully are downplaying any problems (it's their livelihood and not their fault) and the folks who hunted there years ago that didn't have problems don't get it...Oh well, fingers crossed, it really is a fantastic place to hunt. And Buenos Aires vs. Jo'berg for before after,...no comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlmaCoon5

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles
Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian