Argentina Exporter Raided Trophies Seized

sureshot375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I’m getting word that an exporter used by a number of outfitters was raided and many legally hunted trophies have been seized.

I went on a hunt in Patagonia in March. I got stuck with a terrible guide(long story, not sure I have the energy to write about it, and the outfitter made it right as far as I’m concerned).

All my friends on the trip had a great hunt and took a number of animals.

My friend got word from another hunter in camp that all their trophies have been seized.

I’m posting the screenshot I have. I will update when I have some better info about the situation.

Any of our Argentinian sponsors have any insight about this situation?
IMG_3243.png
IMG_3244.png

Well that sucks....

I’m getting word that an exporter used by a number of outfitters was raided and many legally hunted trophies have been seized.

I went on a hunt in Patagonia in March. I got stuck with a terrible guide(long story, not sure I have the energy to write about it, and the outfitter made it right as far as I’m concerned).

All my friends on the trip had a great hunt and took a number of animals.

My friend got word from another hunter in camp that all their trophies have been seized.

I’m posting the screenshot I have. I will update when I have some better info about the situation.

Any of our Argentinian sponsors have any insight about this situation? View attachment 627430View attachment 627431
What outfit were you hunting with in Argentina?

I was working with Mr Testa for my exports.

@MG Hunting
Manuel or Rocket, can you provide us an update as to what is going on here?
Definitely would like to understand the situation getting trophy's back from Argentina. Issues like this will kill hunting in Argentina if people have no faith they will receive the trophy's they pay to hunt.

Hello Everyone,

On the beginning of this August federal authorities sized all Federico´s warehouses with also his phone, computers and he is uncommunicated by the moment.

This is part of an investigation where Caza & Safaris is accused of selling illegal hunts and as Federico is his broker ( as he is the broker of most of hunting outfitters here in Argentina ) he is accused of the possession and intent of exportation of native animals which are forbidden here in Argentina.

Ourselves and many other outfitters got together and already start legal procedures to get all our trophies back as they are 100% legal, all of this with the support of wild life here in Argentina which is the governmental institution that regulates everything related to hunting here in Argentina.

We are of course doing everything in our hand to solve this situation as soon as possible to be able to get back to the exportation of the trophies of our hunters which for us is the most important thing right now.

I´ll let you know if there is any update on this situation.

Good to hear an update straight from a forum sponsor. Sounds serious. Thanks for updating us.

Do you have any thoughts on what effect this will have on future hunts? Will those future trophies automatically be impounded?

Hello Everyone,

On the beginning of this August federal authorities sized all Federico´s warehouses with also his phone, computers and he is uncommunicated by the moment.

This is part of an investigation where Caza & Safaris is accused of selling illegal hunts and as Federico is his broker ( as he is the broker of most of hunting outfitters here in Argentina ) he is accused of the possession and intent of exportation of native animals which are forbidden here in Argentina.

Ourselves and many other outfitters got together and already start legal procedures to get all our trophies back as they are 100% legal, all of this with the support of wild life here in Argentina which is the governmental institution that regulates everything related to hunting here in Argentina.

We are of course doing everything in our hand to solve this situation as soon as possible to be able to get back to the exportation of the trophies of our hunters which for us is the most important thing right now.

I´ll let you know if there is any update on this situation.
Can you explain what would be an "illegal hunt" that would cause this?

We want to understand what is legal vs. illegal so we never find ourselves in the situation of being on a "illegal hunt"

Thank you

Good to hear an update straight from a forum sponsor. Sounds serious. Thanks for updating us.

Do you have any thoughts on what effect this will have on future hunts? Will those future trophies automatically be impounded?

And more than a little concerning that the outfit at the center of the investigation is ALSO a forum sponsor....

And more than a little concerning that the outfit at the center of the investigation is ALSO a forum sponsor....
As someone who hunted with MG last year and currently have trophies in Argentina this concerns me a lot.
As far as the other sponsor I believe he should be banned from this site.
Not only for this but also for false advertising about free range hunts, trophy export problems etc....

I think that it will be defined by how this ends but I think that in the best scenario for the accused nothing will change and on the worst scenario for them the only change would be that the exportations should be done by another broker. But none of this should affect future hunts.

Can you explain what would be an "illegal hunt" that would cause this?

We want to understand what is legal vs. illegal so we never find ourselves in the situation of being on a "illegal hunt"

Thank you

It can be illegal for different reasons, one it would be to hunt a native species or one under danger which are forbidden, another illegal way can be to hunt a legal species like a red stag for example but without the proper documentation or permissions given by wild life from the government.

@MG Hunting thank you for the explanation and updates.
It appears that the situation is out of your control. I am sure you understand that lots of folks (including myself) are understandably concerned about the status of their trophies. Hopefully this all gets resolved sooner than later…

@Caza y Safaris Argentina would you please give us an update since it appears that you are at the center of all this….

It can be illegal for different reasons, one it would be to hunt a native species or one under danger which are forbidden, another illegal way can be to hunt a legal species like a red stag for example but without the proper documentation or permissions given by wild life from the government.
Thank you for the reply

@MG Hunting thank you for the explanation and updates.
It appears that the situation is out of your control. I am sure you understand that lots of folks (including myself) are understandably concerned about the status of their trophies. Hopefully this all gets resolved sooner than later…

@Caza y Safaris Argentina would you please give us an update since it appears that you are at the center of all this….

You are welcome, as soon as we have any update we will forward it.
I understand of course your concern as well as the concern of all hunters that have trophies here and for those that have hunted with us we guarantee that we will do anything possible to make the exportations as soon as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoellaMath

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!