Are the Chinese taking over the site?

It should be a good reminder to everyone this is a fully open forum. The moderators thankfully do a good job.
Agreed, just convenient that we have a ton of spam following the debate. Moderators certainly have their hands full.

We've had what I believe to be paid nuisance spamming by someone or an organization. We have had this occur more times than I can count over the years. It comes and it goes but we have to deal with it and yes, it's pretty annoying which is just what they want but it will not make us go away. We have had more aggressive and malicious attacks on the site like DDoS attacks which were timed as they would start the opening day of the SCI convention every year for several years. I'm sorry for the nuisance but we're dealing with it and we all try our best to keep this site as clean as possible and clean up the junk as quickly as we can. A BIG THANK YOU to @BRICKBURN for helping me cleaning up the trash.

I report spam or bots as quickly as possible and follow another's lead in posting "reported" on it so others don't need to bother. If you see one post has been made on a spam, it's usually someone noting it was reported.

If I run across one, I report the OP and also respond to the thread to let others know it's been reported.

We've had what I believe to be paid nuisance spamming by someone or an organization. We have had this occur more times than I can count over the years. It comes and it goes but we have to deal with it and yes, it's pretty annoying which is just what they want but it will not make us go away. We have had more aggressive and malicious attacks on the site like DDoS attacks which were timed as they would start the opening day of the SCI convention every year for several years. I'm sorry for the nuisance but we're dealing with it and we all try our best to keep this site as clean as possible and clean up the junk as quickly as we can. A BIG THANK YOU to @BRICKBURN for helping me cleaning up the trash.
Just want to say I love this site, Thank you Don

Xie xie!

We all appreciate it. I just started noticing a very large amount of spam. Figured I would just throw in a quick post. I know it isn’t easy.

I never respond to the spammer, just report. I don't want them to think they matter...

Any chance that requiring a new member to have a cooling period of a few days before they post would help?! Or perhaps a series of questions they need to answer before approved on the site? Just some ideas.

HH

20170613145034Click-1.jpg

Sweat Shops: India, Thailand, Phillipines, Russia, China, etc, etc, etc. We get them all.
Quota posting spam. It is just a numbers game.
Put up three or four and run.

If you think they can hack AH by posting a new spam thread you are mistaken.
You guys are the target. Click and follow the links to your new love potion. LOL

Ignore them, don't reply. Report it.
We will get to it. We do need some sleep.

As J noted the DDOS muppets are a bigger PIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lfdgodfather

Latest profile posts

overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me
I've been hunting and shooting all my life in So Cal. Luckily, I've passed it on to my son who does his thing on the East coast except when we get together for some outdoor activities. I shoot just about anything that goes bang including rifle, shotgun and muzzleloaders. I've scratch-built several flint rifles and a couple of pistols and rebuilt several old muzzlestuffers for friends.