Anyone use the .270 Winchester?

The 270 is my go to elk rifle, (FN made Model 70 Featherweight). It has a 24 inch barrel, dont think I'd want a longer one.

I like the Eldx in my 6.5, havent tried them in my 270. I love the Hornady 150 gr. IBs, except Hornady doesnt make them any more.

They are pricy but they have the same bc as the 150 SST so I use them for practice and banging steel. I'll save my IBs for hunting as long as they last. I only load them to 2800 FPS, never seen the need to shoot them faster.
 
The 270 is my go to elk rifle, (FN made Model 70 Featherweight). It has a 24 inch barrel, dont think I'd want a longer one.

I like the Eldx in my 6.5, havent tried them in my 270. I love the Hornady 150 gr. IBs, except Hornady doesnt make them any more.

They are pricy but they have the same bc as the 150 SST so I use them for practice and banging steel. I'll save my IBs for hunting as long as they last. I only load them to 2800 FPS, never seen the need to shoot them faster.

My BDL in 270 is my go to elk rifle as well as mule deer, javelina, black bears. Enough with a premium expanding bullet (A-Frame, Partition, etc) for anything in the lower 48. I still use 150g Partitions at 3000 fps in my 270. I use 300g A-Frames at 2750 fps for my 375 Weatherby and 570 TSX.s at 2300 fps for my 500 Jeffery which I will take to Alaska should I be blessed to do another brown bear hunt.
 
Smoked a Pa Buck @ 100yrds opening day with my M70 in .270. I had a Leupold CDS dial created for inexpensive, readily available Winchester Power Points in 130 grain. Very accurate as tested to 300 yards.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,570,584
Members
168,907
Latest member
KathleneDu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top