Anyone heard or dealt with Andrew McFarland in TX ?

kesha

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Canada, Colorado, Wyoming, Texas, Kansas
I posted couple days ago about getting a double regulated I reached out to several people in DFW area which is close to me. I have heard great things about Ken Owen and I spoke with him on the phone yesterday, he is very against factory ammo and I am not a reloader. So just curious if anyone has had dealing with this fellow seems very knowledgable and closer to me geographically with my travling schedule.
Thanks
Kent

I know and have had dealt with Andrew McFarland he is in my back yard. If you PM me I can tell you all you will need to know .

Its not letting me PM you can you send me a message?

I posted couple days ago about getting a double regulated I reached out to several people in DFW area which is close to me. I have heard great things about Ken Owen and I spoke with him on the phone yesterday, he is very against factory ammo and I am not a reloader. So just curious if anyone has had dealing with this fellow seems very knowledgable and closer to me geographically with my travling schedule.
Thanks
Kent
JJ Perodeau is up by Tulsa. You could probably be there and back in 10-12 hours. He’s the best in the biz. Or in the top two or three at least

Works for me whats the skinny?

He is very skillful however he has no business being in business. He could not pay for Krieghoff parts so he took parts from one customer's K-80 gun to use in another's and did not replace the taken used parts. He has no business ethics at all. No matter what the wait is or the cost use someone else. JJ is the BEST in our area . He is worth the wait.

Thank you for the input. Do you have JJ contact info? I personally havent spoken to him I just read he was not taking on any work.

I had great experience with Andrew. He tightened up a BBF and was quick to weld up an indentation of the firing hammer, while I waited, for no extra charge. Glad to have someone local who really knows how to fix the oldies.

Thank you for the input. Do you have JJ contact info? I personally havent spoken to him I just read he was not taking on any work.
Just Google JJ Perodeau Gunsmith. All of his info is there.

Reactions: WAB
Thanks
Kent
If for some reason you can’t use JJ I can share what he has taught me over 5 DRs he has worked on for me. As long as they are large bore 450-400 and up they were probably regulated with Hornady between 2050 to 2100 FPS. If you Google custom made ammo you will find a couple. If it was me I would have them make up 20 shooting at 2050 FPS AND 20 shooting 2070 FPS. One of these two should shoot with 2 inches at 50 yards. You can then call the supplier back ordering what you want in the one that works best for you. @redleg can tell you the supplier he uses that is the best. Plus like you he lives in Texas

If for some reason you can’t use JJ I can share what he has taught me over 5 DRs he has worked on for me. As long as they are large bore 450-400 and up they were probably regulated with Hornady between 2050 to 2100 FPS. If you Google custom made ammo you will find a couple. If it was me I would have them make up 20 shooting at 2050 FPS AND 20 shooting 2070 FPS. One of these two should shoot with 2 inches at 50 yards. You can then call the supplier back ordering what you want in the one that works best for you. @redleg can tell you the supplier he uses that is the best. Plus like you he lives in Texas
Thank You. JJ reached out to me and suppose to call him next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CherieBatt

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia