Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
I recently saw that sabatti had come out with an upgraded version of their classic big 5 double, called the Big Five Classic Safari EDL.

Anyone ever handled or fired of these?

I wonder if they've overcome some of their issues from the past...

26_2db28.jpg

http://www.sabatti.it/en/Our-produc.../THE_BIG_FIVE_CLASSIC_SAFARI_EDL#.WBWB_suRXqC

If looks alone count, it's a winner. Several members have bought Sabattis during the past 7-8 months. Don't know if it is this model. Hopefully they will respond with their positive approval for all of us to see!

I agree. Both of my PHs on my lion hunt were wielding 500 NE Sabattis and expressed satisfaction with the guns.

If looks alone count, it's a winner. Several members have bought Sabattis during the past 7-8 months. Don't know if it is this model. Hopefully they will respond with their positive approval for all of us to see!

Yes it is a good looking rifle. I hope to see one at the SCI show!

What is the cost?

What is the cost?
I haven't seen a number recently, but a few months ago the latest model Sabatti was retailing around $7000 where a more common one was around $5000, and I'm not sure if this is the $7000 rifle or not.

its a looker,hope its a shooter!

$7000 would possibly not be bad if it functioned properly.

I'm interested in the newer one, in the $7k price range.

I've received some feedback that it shoots nice groups and feels good/balances well with some recoil reducers and some weights up front- comes in at 12 lbs with the mods

its a looker,hope its a shooter!

Yours shoots well and I'm hoping you leave it to me Edward!

:P Elmer Fudd::W A Revolver: Anyway your a handgun guy it's probably painful for you to have a rifle in your safe!

Yours shoots well and I'm hoping you leave it to me Edward!

:P Elmer Fudd::W A Revolver: Anyway your a handgun guy it's probably painful for you to have a rifle in your safe!
your right charlie,thats why i keep it else were,he,he.

I have seen some of the older Sabattis performing quite well. This is a real good looking rifle.

Looks great!

They should have sorted the regulation issues by now.

Cant you guys get Merkels for around 7k there?

If you can I would rather get a Merkel. (I might be a bit biased though)

Looks great!

They should have sorted the regulation issues by now.

Cant you guys get Merkels for around 7k there?

If you can I would rather get a Merkel. (I might be a bit biased though)

The last used Merkel I saw in .470 was down to $6500......I thought I was going to give birth to a buff walking away from that.

Looks great, have the older model and im pretty happy

The Sabatti 92 Classic I bought was not a Big 5 EDL. However, it is an absolutely beautiful rifle. It balances well and does not feel cumbersome or awkward. I have done nothing to it, but planned to get a trigger job and have a better recoil pad installed. I'm still playing with regulation, but it shoots close enough that I would take it hunting. I just would restrict my shots to 75-100 yards with iron sights. The .450/400 requires a crimp which is something that I rarely do on any of my rifle rounds so this is something I need to work on. Sadly, due to some recent events, I may have to let it go. I had a large outpouring of cash that I hadn't planned on. Regardless, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Sabatti in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DollyArons

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!