Anyone ever attempt a .303/.41 caliber wildcat?

Reaction score
Media
Evening all I was discussing what to do with a martini enfield with a ruined barrel today with my friend and gunsmith and he said he’d always thought about doing a wildcat using a .303 case blown out straight walled to .41. The more he talked about it the more interesting it sounded I know Elwood Epps did a bunch of .303 wildcats but haven’t heard of this one and was wondering if any of our members had. I know our Australian members including @Bob Nelson 35Whelen have experience with .303 wildcats.

The one I want to try is the 303/375. I can’t find a decent Martini/loaner parts in the States, but restoring a Martini is on the to-do list, so I’ll follow this thread with interest.

The one I want to try is the 303/375. I can’t find a decent Martini/loaner parts in the States, but restoring a Martini is on the to-do list, so I’ll follow this thread with interest.
If you do go that route Elwood Epps still has the reamers in ontario not sure about shipping barrels back and forth acrossed the border though,

Unless you particularly want a wildcat, maybe talk to your gunsmith about 405 Winchester. Note: I haven't heard of anyone doing it, but the rims are very similar so it should be possible. The overall length of the 405 would be slightly longer but that shouldn't affect a Martini action.

I should have clarified I’m not looking to do it personally, I had the martini in my gunshow stock and will probably end up giving it to him if he wants to tackle the project. I was simply looking for information because it seems like it should have been done already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StriderJr

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa