Anyone else have a Problem with African Sporting Creations shooting sticks?

jimbo1972

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Seeing if anyone else has had a problem with African Sporting Creations Fly's Eye shooting sticks. I just got these yesterday and today when I tested with a rifle one of the legs broke. I was doing the leg sweep to change point of impact as shown in their video and snap the leg broke.
Really disappointed as I paid a lot of money for these. They are sending me a return label. Really want these to be great but not a great start.

Attachments

Last edited:
I’ve had excellent customer service from ASC and wouldn’t be surprised if you experienced the same.

Sucks that you had a problem but it may have been better to wait and get full resolution on the subject before posting. At least that’s my view.

Please follow up with how it’s handled.

EDIT - I’m tagging @African Sporting Creations so he will get an alert.

I’ve had excellent customer service from ASC and wouldn’t be surprised if you experienced the same.

Sucks that you had a problem but it may have been better to wait and get full resolution on the subject before posting. At least that’s my view.

Please follow up with how it’s handled.
Edited post they have said they are going to send a return label. My post is if other people have had a similar issue. Disappointed to spend $600+ to only break within 5 minutes. I have only heard good things about ASC and have no doubt they will make it right but question the general design.

Where did it break?

Where did it break?
Top of metal where the rear support is connected

sticks-jpeg.583208

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
In the end, Africa Sporting Creations has immediately acted to solve the problem by providing a replacement without a fuss.
Excellent warranty and customer service. Which I know you agree with given your PM.

There is no need to delete the thread.
It is frustrating when we get our new toys and they don't work.

It's more important to see how well the company handles their customers. I think ASC has demonstrated they do that well. (y)

Let us know how the replacements go.

Never had a problem with mine. I have pushed on them, leaned against them, and abused them for several years without a problem. Wood can often have unseen flaws but Africa Sporting Creations are good to work with.

In the end, Africa Sporting Creations has immediately acted to solve the problem by providing a replacement without a fuss.
Excellent warranty and customer service. Which I know you agree with given your PM.

There is no need to delete the thread.
It is frustrating when we get our new toys and they don't work.

It's more important to see how well the company handles their customers. I think ASC has demonstrated they do that well. (y)

Let us know how the replacements go.
Would like to delete this thread. How do I do that?

This thread makes me more likely to buy from them should I ever need sticks.

Things happen, especially with natural materials like wood. It’s unavoidable. Sounds like they didn’t try to blame you or quiz you on what you did wrong to cause it. Just fixed the problem. Well done!

The carbon versions of the two-point rests are a bit more expensive, but weigh nothing and are very nearly indestructible.

Would like to delete this thread. How do I do that?

You can’t. After thirty minutes you can’t edit it.

As I said, there is no need to delete the thread. Hence, I have not done so.

You had a legitimate concern, voiced it and have demonstrated that the company is willing to solve the problem. Sponsor or not.

No need for roses and sunshine in every post.

Seeing if anyone else has had a problem with African Sporting Creations Fly's Eye shooting sticks. I just got these yesterday and today when I tested with a rifle one of the legs broke. I was doing the leg sweep to change point of impact as shown in their video and snap the leg broke.
Really disappointed as I paid a lot of money for these. They are sending me a return label. Really want these to be great but not a great start.
I did. I bought these in the two leg version liking the concept. It is almost impossible to get mine to work and I cannot seem to loosen them. For me, they will just not unfold. It’s almost comical watching me try to get them to extend so I just gave up on them completely and now use my blaser 2 Sticks which work great

I did. I bought these in the two leg version liking the concept. It is almost impossible to get mine to work and I cannot seem to loosen them. For me, they will just not unfold. It’s almost comical watching me try to get them to extend so I just gave up on them completely and now use my blaser 2 Sticks which work great
To be clear, there is no doubt in my mind if I reached out to Africa Creations they would either replace or fix them…they are a fabulous company with top notch customer service…just have not got around to it

To be clear, there is no doubt in my mind if I reached out to Africa Creations they would either replace or fix them…they are a fabulous company with top notch customer service…just have not got around to it
Yes they are already sending me a replacement with a return invoice. No doubt great customer service . Just wanted to see if others have had issues. ASC has done everything possible to resolve this issue.

Absolutely. They are already sending a replacement with a return envelope inside. No question ASC have outstanding customer service only asking if anyone else has had a problem as I am brand new to standing shooting sticks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GracieBowl

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa