Anybody use "military NATO" primers?

Axle2010

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
1000034062.jpg

Probably has a slightly thicker cup than normal primers but should work just fine. I use Federal AR small rifle match primers in my bolt guns without issue and they have a thicker cup.

I’ve used the CCI #34 variant. Essentially it acts like a (hard) large rifle magnum primer.
Same here. The primary purpose of the Military rifle primer is

#1. A thicker cup to prevent slam fires in the Stoner/Armalite platform from the free floating firing pin.

#2. Sustain higher pressures without rupture, especially in full auto and high rate of fire weapons.

#3. Allow the primer to be crimped or staked to the case.

As with any change in components, it's a good idea to go back to a starting load, the work your way back up in powder charges while looking for any signs of excessive pressure.

I’ve used the CCI #34 variant. Essentially it acts like a (hard) large rifle magnum primer.
I've also used the CCI #34 for many years. They work very well for most all of large rifle primer needs, including magnums up to 375 Ruger

Well damn while I was here asking yall about them they sold out. Thanks again for the info at least I'll know next time.
@Axle2010
Mate he who snoozes loses.
Next time but then, you can always in sell them at the same price if'n you don't like them.
Bob

I still have a stash of Lake City primers from the 60's and they still work fine. Yes, I am that old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brym427

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?