Anybody use "military NATO" primers?

Axle2010

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
1000034062.jpg

Probably has a slightly thicker cup than normal primers but should work just fine. I use Federal AR small rifle match primers in my bolt guns without issue and they have a thicker cup.

I’ve used the CCI #34 variant. Essentially it acts like a (hard) large rifle magnum primer.
Same here. The primary purpose of the Military rifle primer is

#1. A thicker cup to prevent slam fires in the Stoner/Armalite platform from the free floating firing pin.

#2. Sustain higher pressures without rupture, especially in full auto and high rate of fire weapons.

#3. Allow the primer to be crimped or staked to the case.

As with any change in components, it's a good idea to go back to a starting load, the work your way back up in powder charges while looking for any signs of excessive pressure.

I’ve used the CCI #34 variant. Essentially it acts like a (hard) large rifle magnum primer.
I've also used the CCI #34 for many years. They work very well for most all of large rifle primer needs, including magnums up to 375 Ruger

Well damn while I was here asking yall about them they sold out. Thanks again for the info at least I'll know next time.
@Axle2010
Mate he who snoozes loses.
Next time but then, you can always in sell them at the same price if'n you don't like them.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurus4d

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg