Any recommendations for free range hog hunts in the southeast U.S?

Check out Gopher Plantation in Millwood, GA. It's going to be a guided hunt but he has both free range thermal hog hunts and hogs in high fence for more novice hunters. I did a multi day Bobcat hunt there two years ago and spent full three nights out hunting with thermal. I saw tons of hogs everywhere. I did not shoot any because I was after Bobcat but I could have shot a dozen hogs if I wanted to. The lodging and food were good. The service was outstanding. We hunted our butts of for three straight days and nights until we finally called in a cat.

SE SC (cotton plantations near Estill), GA just across the Savannah R. (there are young guns that take people out on their fam farms), FL state/fed lands around Lk O. are loaded w/ 'em! You can do an online search and find someone to get you access, or DIY (in FL). All the pythons you like, too! Have seen plenty of coyotes and some bobcat as well in these locales, in winter.

Not sure where SE begins and ends but Hog Wild in Oklahoma did a good job with a guy I work with-they offer a discount for military, pd, fire. Would be worth a look-

May I ask who you went with? This is interesting
I hunted with Lomas Chicas outfitters on the Kennedy ranch. They offer some of the best free range Nilgai hunting.

I wanted to go to Gopher Plantation, but Tina found another hunt camp that had hogs, deer and fishing, so she won out.

There are plenty of hunting camps in the south that offer hog, deer, quail and other hunts. If they charge by the pound, they are almost 100 guaranteed to be a high fence operation. This is because they are usually licensed pest elimination trappers, and they capture the hogs on one property, then transport them to their high fence property and sell hunts. They arent regulated by the Game and Fish Dept., but by the Department of Agriculture in that State.

Last edited:
You should look @ The Hogfather Outdoors in southeast Ga. It’s a nighttime thermal hunt, and very fun. He is my “competitor”, but I’m booked 2 years out. You’ll have a great time.

Now THAT is classy. Kudos

Are all hogs not freerange?

Are all hogs not freerange?
There are actually some fenced-in operations in the US, until they get out of the fence! 'Just a matter of when until they're all free-range. lol I recall talking to a falconry expert at a sport show....He explained that he was in the process of getting a permit for ATL airport for animal control, but advised that they had a sharpshooter subcontractor out to eliminate problem animals (including hogs!) Now upon takeoff/landing I always look for flashes at night!

Reactions: IvW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TravisSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED