Any Other Interests???

Totally agree - being Italian, coffee is something that I can't live without, no question. Part of life.
What do you use? We’ve used Technivorm for about 20 years, and love it. Apparently, coffee flavors are best around 205 degrees Fahrenheit and Technivorm heats water to that temperature. Always open to better coffee and appreciate any suggestions. For many years, we bought coffee from Porto Rico in NYC and had it shipped where ever we were living. Recently found an abbey in New Mexico where the monks roast coffee. Just re-ordered five pounds of the Roma blend that they say is supposed to taste like all of the cafes around the Vatican. I have no idea if that is true - I was a super broke student last time I was in Rome - but I like the story.
Totally agree - being Italian, coffee is something that I can't live without, no question. Part of life.

What do you use? We’ve used Technivorm for about 20 years, and love it. Apparently, coffee flavors are best around 205 degrees Fahrenheit and Technivorm heats water to that temperature. Always open to better coffee and appreciate any suggestions. For many years, we bought coffee from Porto Rico in NYC and had it shipped where ever we were living. Recently found an abbey in New Mexico where the monks roast coffee. Just re-ordered five pounds of the Roma blend that they say is supposed to taste like all of the cafes around the Vatican. I have no idea if that is true - I was a super broke student last time I was in Rome - but I like the story.
I worked @ Ford UAW for 7 years with a lot of Italian's .. they would literally chew on coffee beans. They're Espresso was so strong, it would eat through the small foam cups

Energy was pivotal to the assembly line work, they were some of the hardest working people (especially the older generation)

Cocaine was readily available, among other things @ Ford .. that place was a trip

They sold clothes, food, played the numbers all the time. No questions asked.

20241014_213851.jpg
20241014_213758.jpg

My friend, I confess I prepare my coffee with an old classic, the Bialetti aka "moka" here in Italy - that is what 99 % of us use for our caffé "espresso". BUT, me, for breakfast, well, I add just warm wather to a couple espresso (pure heresy...) to prepare my long or American coffee - a full mug of it. During the day, after lunch and in the afternoon, just a pure espresso in the little cup you see in the pic. I use both Illy or Tazza d'oro, the latter a super traditional Roman brand we find in many Coffees here around. I guess you should be able to find Illy, since is a famous brand world over - super good. I don't know the "Roma blend" you tell me, but I'm sure it's a good one... as for the temperature, with a classic moka like mine, just set the stove fire very low, and stop it as soon as it boils strongly. That's it!
Just one more thing : the wather quality is very important. That's why in Rome and Naples coffee are so good, 'cause these two cities have very good, pure wather quality.

View attachment 640253View attachment 640254
My friend, I confess I prepare my coffee with an old classic, the Bialetti aka "moka" here in Italy - that is what 99 % of us use for our caffé "espresso". BUT, me, for breakfast, well, I add just warm wather to a couple espresso (pure heresy...) to prepare my long or American coffee - a full mug of it. During the day, after lunch and in the afternoon, just a pure espresso in the little cup you see in the pic. I use both Illy or Tazza d'oro, the latter a super traditional Roman brand we find in many Coffees here around. I guess you should be able to find Illy, since is a famous brand world over - super good. I don't know the "Roma blend" you tell me, but I'm sure it's a good one... as for the temperature, with a classic moka like mine, just set the stove fire very low, and stop it as soon as it boils strongly. That's it!
Just one more thing : the wather quality is very important. That's why in Rome and Naples coffee are so good, 'cause these two cities have very good, pure wather quality.
My friend, I know Illy, and will look for Tazza. I remember that old espresso maker when I was in college. If you had looked up broke in the dictionary, my picture appeared back then. We used those little espresso makers with Cafe Bustelo which I remember was strong enough to raise the dead. I'm going to try the old espresso maker like you have and use your method. I live in New York, outside of the city, and we have good water, but you have inspired me to experiment with some of the good bottled waters. Wish you all the best / R

My friend, I know Illy, and will look for Tazza. I remember that old espresso maker when I was in college. If you had looked up broke in the dictionary, my picture appeared back then. We used those little espresso makers with Cafe Bustelo which I remember was strong enough to raise the dead. I'm going to try the old espresso maker like you have and use your method. I live in New York, outside of the city, and we have good water, but you have inspired me to experiment with some of the good bottled waters. Wish you all the best / R
Thank you!
The complete name is "Tazza d'Oro" - just look for the same you see in the pic, or the blue version, that is equally good.
If you don't find it, I could send a couple to your address in NY - just I don't know if the Customs will let them enter in US

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarineCane

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is jdfan@proton.me

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!