Any nighttime predator hunters here?

Daisy

AH elite
Joined
Jun 19, 2023
Messages
1,212
Reaction score
1,845
Media
2
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Last night.
IMG_3817.jpeg
IMG_3797.jpeg
IMG_5651.jpeg
 
Well done.

I would love to get a Big Bobcat & Yote but time is running out !

I don't miss a lot but missed a Big Coyote in Alaska, when I hit the deck to shoot the huge pack on my back drove me into the ground & I was trying to shoot up hill, later when I saw some Wolves following a small herd of Caribou (in a no shoot Caribou block/zone) the head high crap blocked them from view till all had pasted !!
 
A Coyote & Bobcat in the same Night? Gotta be Texas. I like predator hunting above all else and in the Northeast - success is always Low. when I go to wyoming or Texas - I feel like a PRO….then I go Home and realize “I suck”. I use a Tikka .22-250 and Trijicon 3-9 Accupoint with illuminated green Dot in center of reticle. Scope topped with LED Redlight with dimmer switch. Starting on low illumination has helped Not spook predators when light first goes on, illumination goes up slowly until target clearly identified, the Scope with illuminated “green dot” has helped faster target acquisition - especially with No snow or over 100 yrds. I’m thinking of upgrading to a good thermal scope and thermal scanner but the $$$ for quality exceeds any 3 rifle I own.
 
A Coyote & Bobcat in the same Night? Gotta be Texas. I like predator hunting above all else and in the Northeast - success is always Low. when I go to wyoming or Texas - I feel like a PRO….then I go Home and realize “I suck”. I use a Tikka .22-250 and Trijicon 3-9 Accupoint with illuminated green Dot in center of reticle. Scope topped with LED Redlight with dimmer switch. Starting on low illumination has helped Not spook predators when light first goes on, illumination goes up slowly until target clearly identified, the Scope with illuminated “green dot” has helped faster target acquisition - especially with No snow or over 100 yrds. I’m thinking of upgrading to a good thermal scope and thermal scanner but the $$$ for quality exceeds any 3 rifle I own.

DAISEY: A closer look at that Bobcat, legs very short and Not as “spotted” as Bobcat I’ve shot in Texas - thicker fur too…. Any State mid West *Kansas, Missouri?)
 
Will be calling for yotes this weekend…. Put fresh batteries in the fox pro yesterday.. got the battery pack for the thermal charged up… and loaded up some 300blk for one of the AR’s…
 
DAISEY: A closer look at that Bobcat, legs very short and Not as “spotted” as Bobcat I’ve shot in Texas - thicker fur too…. Any State mid West *Kansas, Missouri?)
Getting closer my friend. Deep South. Alabama.

Actually the offspring of a female I’ve been watching last two years. This is a young Tom.
 
A Coyote & Bobcat in the same Night? Gotta be Texas. I like predator hunting above all else and in the Northeast - success is always Low. when I go to wyoming or Texas - I feel like a PRO….then I go Home and realize “I suck”. I use a Tikka .22-250 and Trijicon 3-9 Accupoint with illuminated green Dot in center of reticle. Scope topped with LED Redlight with dimmer switch. Starting on low illumination has helped Not spook predators when light first goes on, illumination goes up slowly until target clearly identified, the Scope with illuminated “green dot” has helped faster target acquisition - especially with No snow or over 100 yrds. I’m thinking of upgrading to a good thermal scope and thermal scanner but the $$$ for quality exceeds any 3 rifle I own.
I went through same progression. Once you go thermal you’ll wonder why you didn’t sooner
 
I went through same progression. Once you go thermal you’ll wonder why you didn’t sooner
DAISEY, I won’t ever “wonder”……its the COST !!
 
Getting closer my friend. Deep South. Alabama.

Actually the offspring of a female I’ve been watching last two years. This is a young Tom.
Thanks, looks small but surprised fut that thick in Alabama, my Texas Tom was shot in January and still thin coated but leopard spotted and huge- long, friend guessed him at 40 lbs but my guess was 22lbs and the scale showed 25lbs even === I was thrilled. I think any Cat is a trophy
 
A couple Bama cats this year

Image1709515941.182278.jpg
 
I just got into actually. My buddies and I have gotten two coyotes, I don’t consider that to be to bad since we don’t know what we are doing.
We have only gone a dozen times or so, it’s amazing how much we have learned in a couple weeks. Maybe someday we’ll get to be good at it.
 
I just got into actually. My buddies and I have gotten two coyotes, I don’t consider that to be to bad since we don’t know what we are doing.
We have only gone a dozen times or so, it’s amazing how much we have learned in a couple weeks. Maybe someday we’ll get to be good at it.
I was same. Thought you just go shoot them.

Nope. It’s actual hunting. They use the wind to their advantage. Act different on different nights. And calling takes practice and skill. Shots are difficult at night even with thermal.

It’s real hunting.
 
I kill a lot of yotes and a few cats every year. It is real hunting. You get the odd dumb one, but they are typically really switched on.
 
Yes, but not as much as I would like!

Nice cats, but the only cats I see are in the daytime.
 
We can shoot bobcats at night in Alabama? Thought it was only coyotes and hogs with a special license and raccoon and possum?
 
@Geno come in GG Varminting
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,340
Messages
1,573,323
Members
169,736
Latest member
FernKon189
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top