Any luck with Boyd's stocks?

I've got 1, on a Win 70 300 wby. It dropped right in, but it took a decent amount of bedding compound. Also the outside (still) needs to be trimmed up, several places there is way too much extra wood, it actually impeded my bolt release from working until I relieved it. Overall its a good stock. I may buy another, since they make stocks for a couple rifles I have that no one else really supports (Yugo m48 and ruger m77 mkii). Next time I'm going with the platinum stock, its a little more "classic" to factory stocks. It doesn't have the wide forearm.

A buddy of mine swears by them, i think he has 5 or 6 on various guns
Awesome thank you so much for the info! Just ordered one and am excited to try it out!
 
Another stock option is Richards Microfit Gunstocks: http://rifle-stocks.com/

I have not purchased a stock from them, but they seem to offer a wide selection, including some nicer wood options. The wood stocks are unfinished, so you can either finish them or have someone local do it.

Screenshot (312).png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Boyd's Laminate stock put on a sporterized 03-A3 that I had converted into a 35 Whelen. Although not fancy it makes for a good working rifle. Like others I did have the action bedded and the barrel free-floated. If I ever need to restock another rifle I'd use the Boyd's Laminate in a heartbeat.
 
Another stock option is Richards Microfit Gunstocks: http://rifle-stocks.com/

I have not purchased a stock from them, but they seem to offer a wide selection, including some nicer wood options. The wood stocks are unfinished, so you can either finish them or have someone local do it.

View attachment 191562
I looked into them. They have a lot of options, have a lot of nice pictures and make a lot of claims. But there's a lot of stories about them on the net, most not too flattering, just do a little looking. Unless you are prepared for some work, in some cases a lot of work, I highly suggest staying away from them.
For a good drop-in stock Boyd's is currently the place to go.
 
I looked into them. They have a lot of options, have a lot of nice pictures and make a lot of claims. But there's a lot of stories about them on the net, most not too flattering, just do a little looking. Unless you are prepared for some work, in some cases a lot of work, I highly suggest staying away from them.
For a good drop-in stock Boyd's is currently the place to go.
Iv'e heard the same and I understand the wait runs into months
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,450
Members
170,586
Latest member
SelinaZimm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top