Any cool shops in Johannesburg?

Campanos and Sons exemplify the term “ if they don’t have it, you don’t need it”. Amazing store! Call them to make sure they’re open on Sunday. They have a website.

If you want souvenirs Cambanos is the place. If you are looking for t shirts with Africa on them best place I have found quality shirts is the airport sadly and not much of a selection. I'm all ears if someone knows a better place.

I've been going to southern Arizona for close to 30 years for a javelina hunt. My partner who goes every year also used to go down to the Tucson Mall and do some shopping in the small souvenir shops.

The problem is that over time these shops kept shutting down to the point that there was only one left and it didn't have much of a selection. So the last few years he has just been getting his gifts that he takes home off of Amazon, and they are shipped right to his front door. No more trying to find a nice gift for those who he buys them for..

I just looked and there are quite a few things on Amazon from or for South Africa.

Safari & Outdoor has most things if they have been forgotten, left behind, or lost in transit. They have a walk-in humidor, but I have noticed that the SA cigar prices are more-or-less the same as the prices in Europe (both at S&O and elsewhere). Frankly, you are probably best bringing a box of your favourites with you: the price of Cubans is outrageous at the moment. S&O seem perennially short of ammunition, so if you are planning on buying ammunition there it is best to make arrangements in advance. The caff serves coffee and beer. I see that they also stock the all-important Courteney boots, at approximately 3/4 of the European prices.

I am little concerned at S&O: whenever a gun shop starts stocking teddy bears, I look on that as a bad sign. The book department really ought to stock those pocket editions of 'A Perfect Shot' but, when I was there last month, its titles were more aimed at the tourist than the sportsman.

Safari & Outdoor has most things if they have been forgotten, left behind, or lost in transit. They have a walk-in humidor, but I have noticed that the SA cigar prices are more-or-less the same as the prices in Europe (both at S&O and elsewhere). Frankly, you are probably best bringing a box of your favourites with you: the price of Cubans is outrageous at the moment. S&O seem perennially short of ammunition, so if you are planning on buying ammunition there it is best to make arrangements in advance. The caff serves coffee and beer. I see that they also stock the all-important Courteney boots, at approximately 3/4 of the European prices.

I am little concerned at S&O: whenever a gun shop starts stocking teddy bears, I look on that as a bad sign. The book department really ought to stock those pocket editions of 'A Perfect Shot' but, when I was there last month, its titles were more aimed at the tourist than the sportsman.
Like Abercrombie & Fitch or Eddie Bauer in the US.

I think most of you guys overestimate the danger in Joberg. The local Pubs can be quite friendly, even to strangers. I heard that upon entry at the local Taverns, they will ask if you are carrying a knife, and if you reply no, they will kindly loan you one! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gabvi77

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with