Any body own a 350 Remington Magnum?

Try Ammo Seek

Looks like $7 to $10 per cartridge. If you are serious about using the 350RM, you might consider reloading for it.

Or get a 35W and call it a day.

.350 Rem Mag has been a favourite of mine for decades... I have owned many rifles so chambered. I have taken a great many bears and moose with various .350 RM rifles. I currently have two Stainless Ruger M77 Mark II rifles that left the factory as .350 RM's, but converted one to 6.5 Rem Mag... they make a great pair of rifles for most game... certainly everything in North America.
20220102_091628.jpg

Can factory ammo be found anywhere? I need one of these and ammo is nonexistent
For .350 RM, your best bet in finding NOS factory ammo is on one of the auction sites. Otherwise, unless a custom ammo outfit is making it, you’ll just have to source the necessary components and handload it yourself. Brass is the biggest issue but it’s out there occasionally.

Since my earlier post detailing my M600, I acquired its successor sibling the 20” model 660 in .350 Rem Mag.

View attachment 626525

View attachment 626522

We did a similar upgrade package as on the former: a well-fitted, black Kick-Ezz recoil pad; a steel trigger guard to replace the warping plastic factory guard; replaced the factory front sight with a Williams fiber optic sight and then zeroed the rifle @ 100-yds with factory 200grn ammo and an equivalent 200grn handload.

View attachment 626529

View attachment 626528

I’ve since added a low-powered, low-mounted Leupy scope and will add pics at some point.
Following up on my previous post for the Remmy 350 Mag fans, here are a couple of recent pics of my models 660 (20” barrel) and 600 (18.5” barrel). Both have been ‘lightly’ customized by my ‘smith as described in earlier posts.

IMG_1370.jpeg

The M600 (bottom) is a dedicated iron-sighted bush/brush carbine intended for short-range hunting where shots will rarely exceed 100-yds, let alone 50. It’s light, compact, and perfect for tree stand use in thick-timbered areas.

For the M660 (top), after getting the iron-sights zeroed an inch high at 100-yds with 200-grn factory ammo, I wanted to keep to a light, compact optics set-up as much as possible. We used a Weaver base, Leupold QRW2 rings (low, 1”, matte), and a Leupold fixed 2.5x20 FXII UltraLite scope (sku # 58450).

That set-up yielded plenty of magnification for a 200-yd zero, but a 150-yd zero is really the more practical max for the species and areas I might hunt with a .350 Magnum, which obviously won’t be sniping at Montana prairie dogs at 600-yds.

In the pics, the stock pak on the M660 is an old Eagle Industries unit. It’s somewhat padded and the comb height allows for a perfect cheekweld with the UltraLite. The zippered pouch keeps the ammo and scope ‘dope’ handy. (Not shown is a 2-pt QD Galco Safari sling for the M660. The M600 runs a 3-pt QD Ching sling)

IMG_1373.jpeg

The M660’s 2.5” longer tube over the M600 puts it in the category of what used to be called a “short rifle.” That bit of extra length increases projectile velocity for more down range punch. I’m stupid-busy this month but when I get back to my reloading bench in September I want to work up a 250grn load for this one. The 200grn handload (over Varget) that I developed for the M600 essentially duplicates the factory ammo and shoots just as well out of the M660.

Awesome rifle and caliber. I lust after one in a BLR
Yep, and aside from being the world’s first short magnum, the real genius of the cartridge is that it can be loaded up or down as needed, with a good variety of .35-cal bullets, for the particular species of game you’re hunting.

That means you can shoot Midwest deer at mild 30-30 levels, or step it up a bit to the old school .35 Remington level, or for the really big stuff like bears, moose, caribou, or elk, run it full-throttle at the magnum level.

L —-> R .35 Remington; .35 Whelen; .350 Rem Mag.

IMG_1225.jpeg

Yep, and aside from being the world’s first short magnum, the real genius of the cartridge is that it can be loaded up or down as needed, with a good variety of .35-cal bullets, for the particular species of game you’re hunting.

That means you can shoot Midwest deer at mild 30-30 levels, or step it up a bit to the old school .35 Remington level, or for the really big stuff like bears, moose, caribou, or elk, run it full-throttle at the magnum level.

L —-> R .35 Remington; .35 Whelen; .350 Rem Mag.

View attachment 626919
Any cartridge can be loaded down... the .350 Rem Mag cannot be assigned "genius" for that. Many caliber accept pistol bullets and have a wide range of bullet weights available. As for powders, most can be made to work with filler, or the newer bulky powders can yield lower velocities with a full case. I feel the real power of the .350 Rem Mag was in the attribute for which it was originally designed... namely, achieving tremendous power in a short case. I load mine to the hilt with 250 grain Partitions and have witnessed dozens of times how it drops the Hammer of Thor on large game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lula005117

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well