Anti-Hunting Rhetoric Doesn’t Go Down Very Well In The African Context

Yes thank you and very well written. Maybe the masses don’t need to hear this? Because as we all here know they really don’t care about the facts. They base their opinions on emotion, again as we all know. Reaching them is impossible. Asking them to try and understand what it takes to manage wildlife and how to best help the people and the environment is fruitless. So the question is how do

we reach the authorities in this country to once again make the right decisions on Africa’s wildlife ( and why the hell are they involved with Africa’s decisions is beyond me). That’s really the question. As this country continues to move further down the hell hole of liberalism the game animals of Africa and the people of Africa will suffer and that is a fact. As as we all know poop rolls down hill, and at the bottom is the international big game hunters of this country who supports anti hunting programs and the like. I wish I had an answer. I fear we are the last generation of Americans who have had the pleasure of hunting Africa’s great land and trophies. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
Sad, but I fear you could be right. Being the last generation is worry but that concern was reinforced not too long ago when I was communicating with a recently retired South African hunting magazine editor of long standing. He mentioned he'd lunched with an elderly icon of SCI and African safari in general. This respected individual expressed the same concern as you. That you are probably the last generation of Americans who have had the pleasure of hunting Africa's great hunting fields. This concern too, is strengthened even more by the drop in safari bookings into Africa from the US. A number of safari operators I know in Zimbabwe and South Africa have lamented the marked decline in bookings over recent years. All in all rather worrying.

Sad. Really sad.

It's a shame such a well written, thoughtful, and truthful message will fall on the deaf ears of those it is intended to reach.

Thanks for sharing.
if it ever reaches anybody but the choir.

You can't reason with someone who is unreasonable. What is extremely nefarious is the appearance of strength that is given by much of the media to the unreasonable radicals. That in turn encourages the gullible to join with the growing mob. After all Kesha or a Kardashian have a far more insite than the average person does don't they? So one would be smart to have the same opinion they do. One can fight the tide (a good and worthwhile thing) but stopping the unreasonable won't happen, never has never will.

Thank you for the article, very insightful. Guy's while I agree that you rarely change anti's minds, I have found that talking to people that are on the fence
or not really concerned one way or the other with this issue can be receptive when given the background that only us as gentlemen (I use that term loosely,lol)
can provide having first hand knowledge. I love to talk about my safari experience and when I happen on someone who is in the other camp I enjoy explaining
how the money from safaris is vital for conservation! Not saying I'm converting the masses but I have had a few people walk away with a different prospective.
Let's not give up, its too important for us, for Africa, and her wildlife!

Very thoughtful overview from an intelligent and experienced source I concur however how does one get this message to the masses? Jacques
Thank you for your thoughts. I have shared them with some of my Facebook friends, hoping to open a few closed minds.

A lot of it is plain ignorance on the part of the antis. They hear all this rhetoric, but it's only one side. Most of them haven't heard of the good we hunters do. They hear the antis and get emotional without considering all the facts. A good many fence sitters can be educated by a factual explanation from us and sometimes, sometimes they see the light. Some even probe further into "our" side and really get an education. How much good it does is debatable, though. Nonfactual emotion is a very powerful persuader and not easily overcome. We just have to keep trying.

The antis didn't arrive at their position by using reason. They will not be dissuaded by reason, either.

My favorite author once wrote "One may avoid reality, but one may not avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

Reality, I think, and sooner rather than later, will teach these people hard lessons.

I agree. I believe they have an entirely different sense of reality. As the old saw goes,"My mind's made up. Don't confuse me with facts." Let's hope they learn the hard lessons before they destroy our right to firearms and hunting.

I hope they learn their hard lessons before they destroy a lot more than our right to hunt.

We're on the same glide path as ancient Rome.

Sgt is exactly right. The war on hunting is only one front of a much bigger war on all the things many of us believe in. It is important to see it as such in order to address it and fight back. In the USA, if we lose our democracy, we will lose our right to hunt soon after. When we lose our right to hunt here, The Lacey Act (and other laws) will make it illegal to hunt elsewhere. It wont catch me in my lifetime, but you younger hunters beware, be vigilant..........we are on the same glide path..................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teedot

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's