Another tire kicking thread. See below for specs

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Possibly in the market for a 308 or 30/06, or similar. I just happen to have a lot of reloading components for those two. The wife has taken a greater interest in shooting recently and we have a trip to Zim in 2026. I'm hoping she may become interested enough to want to shoot the bait animals for my leopard. Also, I wouldn't mind having a pleasant to shoot off the sticks practice/plains game rifle for myself. Preferably wood and blued. Would love to have a CZ 550 Varmint in 308. Open to ideas though, so dig through your safes and see what you have sitting in there that you may want to part with.
Yes, I know I can just go to the LGS and pick one out but, I have always had great luck finding interesting rifles and meeting new friends purchasing rifles on here like this. I am not opposed to other calibers, except 6.5 manbuns, don't even bother with that, not interested. Other than that, let me know what y'all have.

What price range are you looking for?
Honestly, that depends on the rifle and how the spirit moves me :ROFLMAO: with the upcoming hunt I'm on a pretty strict budget, but they have opened up pretty much unlimited OT at work, so while I don't need to spend anymore than $1K-$2K if it was the right gun though, I could justify it to myself to spend a little more than that.

Christensen ridgeline 280 AI-a great do it all rifle 152grain Barnes tsx. 15lb recoil . Ridgeline fft is even lighter by pound

How about a new Winchester Model 70? Pretty hard to beat...

I have a m70 super grade in .243 I’ve decided to sell. Topped with a trijicon 3-9x. Shoots lights out w 100 gr hand loads. Comes w brass, bullets, dies.

Here's my .308.. It's one heck of a brush gun!

20240701_215115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I carried an XM-21 in Iraq back in the day. I have always wanted to buy an M1A for nostalgia sake.
Thank you for your service! It's such an AWESOME firearm!! I'd definitely recommend getting one! I shot a 1lb canister of Tannerite at 135yds with open sights before I got it upgraded..

Honestly, that depends on the rifle and how the spirit moves me :ROFLMAO: with the upcoming hunt I'm on a pretty strict budget, but they have opened up pretty much unlimited OT at work, so while I don't need to spend anymore than $1K-$2K if it was the right gun though, I could justify it to myself to spend a little more than that.
So in that price range you can find a nice New Haven Winchester that will never lose value!
I would look at the 270Win as it is a incredible classic cartridge that doesn’t kick much but is capable of taking large game

Christensen ridgeline 280 AI-a great do it all rifle 152grain Barnes tsx. 15lb recoil . Ridgeline fft is even lighter by pound
That would be an ideal rifle honestly. I had one of those in 300 win and one in 338 lapua at one time. I wish I had both of them back, especially that lapua.

So in that price range you can find a nice New Haven Winchester that will never lose value!
I would look at the 270Win as it is a incredible classic cartridge that doesn’t kick much but is capable of taking large game
I have never been a fan of the 270, even though it is a good cartridge. I have always been on the 30/06 side of that debate. That's a big thing here at home in whitetail country. :ROFLMAO: either you granddaddy shot a 270 or he shot a 30/06 and you are required to stay in whichever clan you were born into. Ha ha. It's very Ford/Chevy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichelleGi

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles