Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, RMEF, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
US, Germany, Africa
Hi all, my name is Rob and an African hunt has been on my bucket list for a long time. I'm finally getting to go to South Africa this summer. Very excited to be able to bring the whole family and do some hunting with my son. I was poking around looking for some info when I ran across this forum. I'm sure I'll have many questions before we depart. I'll post pics when we get back.

Hello Robmill70,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH Rob! Glad you found us, enjoy exploring the site!

Welcome to AH! It’s the best resource online for hunting in Africa.

Good Morning Rob-welcome to the forums. Your introduction sounds very familiar to a guy I know (who recently had a great trip to Mexico)-maybe you could tell us where you are from and some of your hunting background-

Welcome aboard Robmill70. There is a wealth of information to be found in the archives on AH. Simply use the "Search" feature to look up any items of interest. Which outfitter will you be hunting with? What species will you be hunting? Are you taking your own rifles or renting them from your outfitter?

Welcome to AH Rob. Sounds like you have a memorable hunt planned with your son. Your family will have a great time.

Giday Rob and welcome to the A H forums. You have certainly come to the right place to get the benefit of the vast experience of the forum members.

Welcome aboard!

Hi all, my name is Rob and an African hunt has been on my bucket list for a long time. I'm finally getting to go to South Africa this summer. Very excited to be able to bring the whole family and do some hunting with my son. I was poking around looking for some info when I ran across this forum. I'm sure I'll have many questions before we depart. I'll post pics when we get back.
Welcome to AH

Rob, welcome to the AH forum! Excellent to hear you are taking your family on your Africa adventure! I’ll be looking forward to your report.

Welcome aboard Robmill70. There is a wealth of information to be found in the archives on AH. Simply use the "Search" feature to look up any items of interest. Which outfitter will you be hunting with? What species will you be hunting? Are you taking your own rifles or renting them from your outfitter?
My hunt is booked with Dinkwe ( http://www.dinkwesafaris.co.za/ ). I'm looking to take an Impala, Gemsbuck, and Kudu. My son (16yr old) is taking a Zebra, Wildebeest, and maybe a warthog. I plan on taking my own rifles, 6.5x55 and 30-06.

The 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser has been my go-to rifle for deer and hog sized game for the past 27 years. What animals were you planning to use it on? Will you be using Factory Ammo, or do you reload?

The 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser has been my go-to rifle for deer and hog sized game for the past 27 years. What animals were you planning to use it on? Will you be using Factory Ammo, or do you reload?
impala, gemsbock, and kudu. I reload my own, just finished a nice workup, 155gr Lapua Mega with 45.6g of RL22. Pushes the pills at 2750 FPS, plenty of power for those animals.

Welcome to AH, you have picked a great place to pick up information for your first African safari. Take a journal so you can do a hunt report for us on your return also a good idea for you and your son to practice off of shooting sticks.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia