Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
IMG_5010.jpeg

Right between green and yellow, maybe a little closer to yellow than green. Yellow would probably break one shoulder (good) but hit only one lung (bad). If you miss a bit to the left you're in trouble. Green is a bit too inside. Blue will work if you can pull it off, but an inch lower would be better. Red isn't going to hit anything immediately important, maybe an artery if you're lucky.

Another good poll!

Green (especially the right edge of green) looks like it would hit the heart, or top of it, no?

Red looks too far to the right, since he is at an angle. Would a shot at the same height, but more to the left, say straight down from the eye, hit the spine as it dips down?

Yellow looks risky - and too far back - isn't this where there is a chance that the bullet could fail to enter the chest cavity, and skid along the outside of the ribcage?

Great threads btw @Altitude sickness . I have no buffalo experience yet, but hope to change that in August.

Green for the first shot, because there will most likely need to be a second one.

Buffalo that are aware of your presence get their adrenaline up and will normally require at least a second shot to finish the job. Of course a hit to the CNS will stop anything in its tracks, so a shot to BLUE as a follow up when this one charges.

If it's possible to sneak up on a buffalo and get a shot in without it knowing, the chances of a one shot harvest is much more likely.

EDIT - Just saw the purple in post #6... :ROFLMAO:

Hilarious Franz, bulls get pissed enough on their own. I’m not shooting one in the sac

I would have posted Bulls standing in heavy brush as you often find them in many hunting areas. But they don’t present a viable shooting window as a rifled scope can usually find. It looks like a no shot opportunity

I’ll try to find one. And then do an elephant next

Buff skull.jpg

Difficult to be certain but with the head up posture I suspect that blue would miss anything of value

Either green for me or right on the nose - its right nostril

I’d go green on the first shot, looks like a heart shot to me

Green and you are golden

I shot mine last year on the green dot and took out his heart. On difference was mine was quartered the opposite direction so I hit him on his left side.

If you are like Mark Sullivan, you walk straight up to him and when you are 10 feet away shoot him in the purple and then let him “decide how he wants to die”.View attachment 619387
I was showing my brother-in-law, some of Mark’s videos online where he walks up to them and he said (about Mark): “ I don’t understand how he’s able to walk… with balls that big!”

I hope you guys don’t mind the comic relief on this post. It’s quite useful information. I just couldn’t help myself.

I’ll check when I get home. It’s a more obscure one. I don’t recall the name

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HayleyGair

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.