animal slaughter in namibia

Why not? If elephants and hippos are suffering inordinately from the drought, and the population can bear the reduction, people are hungry, then it’s the best solution.
 
Let these bleeding heart animal rights crybabies adopt some of the surplus elephants & hippopotamuses, then. Or donate money to Namibia. Let them put their money where their mouths are.
 

Elephants and hippos???
Yes, large animals consume a huge amount of water and can be very dangerous to humans when there is a shortage of water (see cnn article https://apple.news/ApMPNwlnHQieEadBuj7vnbA) In addition, they provide a large amount of meat when harvested.

Carrying capacity (number of animals an ecosystem can support) is small for huge animals such as elephants and hippos. It is unethical to allow more hippos and elephants to die due to drought and humans to starve while the meat goes to waste.
 
Completely normal in Africa. Take advantage of the tribal own-use specials! 'Just talked to a PH friend about it the other night when the articles first came out. Slaughter is very LibMSM. Culling as necessary. It won't negatively affect the quarter-million elephant population (and zebras are like prairie dogs in N. Namibia!) lol On the contrary, killing some off will preserve the others as well as the local inhabitants. Plus, it's election time! :p
 
How long it takes to complete culling program like this?
Is it a yearly program till next year end, or it can be competed within few weeks from a start?
 
How long it takes to complete culling program like this?
Is it a yearly program till next year end, or it can be competed within few weeks from a start?
I would think it would be paced out over a number of months. Although, biltong lasts forever almost.
 
Too bad Kruger is so far away. I hear they're years overdue for a big culling of ele.
 
Too bad Kruger is so far away. I hear they're years overdue for a big culling of ele.
Yes, and South Africa likely lacks the political will to bring things back into balance to the detriment of the ecosystem in the park. The stories about the ineffectiveness of elephant contraception and relocation are fascinating.

 
Yes, and South Africa likely lacks the political will to bring things back into balance to the detriment of the ecosystem in the park. The stories about the ineffectiveness of elephant contraception and relocation are fascinating.

That's exactly what my PH was telling me last week
 
Remembering back to the drought in Kenya decades back. Same option... culling.... the PETA types were protesting the killing. One of the top women said she would rather see the herds go to extinction rather than culling. Spoiler alert: many believed starving to death was painless.
 
Remembering back to the drought in Kenya decades back. Same option... culling.... the PETA types were protesting the killing. One of the top women said she would rather see the herds go to extinction rather than culling. Spoiler alert: many believed starving to death was painless.
That a level of bat shit crazy I've not heard of in a long, long time
 
At some point, the adults need to step up and tell these overgrown children to pound sand
 
Yes, and South Africa likely lacks the political will to bring things back into balance to the detriment of the ecosystem in the park. The stories about the ineffectiveness of elephant contraception and relocation are fascinating.


Elephant contraception?

Didn't know they made condoms that big...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,665
Members
169,812
Latest member
Tucksethoms
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top