An afternoon/evening in Joburg

Thomas1212

Reaction score
Hi all, we are a family of 5 travelling to SA in january 2025. The kids will be aged 15, 11 and 6.

Unfortunately, the way the flights work out we will land in Joburg at 13:00 and only fly on to Vic Falls the following day. What can we do during our free afternoon/evening in Joburg? Does the city really shut down at 17? What areas, if any, are ok for a family to walk around?

Also, I'd appreciate any recommendations for a nice place to stay.

Maybe we should go to Pretoria? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you!

Having just been there 2 weeks ago...stay the night at Africa Sky, and enjoy the pool, beverages, food, and hospitality.

Nights in Jo'burg, even now, are going to be chilly. Pour yourself an adult beverage, open a book, and sit in front of the wood-burning stove for a relaxing evening.

1725661427939.png

Nights in Jo'burg, even now, are going to be chilly. Pour yourself an adult beverage, open a book, and sit in front of the wood-burning stove for a relaxing evening.

View attachment 632037

Kind of rough on the kids when they are along.

I PRIDE MYSELF IN NOT LIVING SCARED BUT I DON'T THINK I WOULD SPEND MY FIRST EVENING IN JOBURG OUT WALKING MY FAMILY AROUND.
AFRICAN SKY IS A GREAT IDEA, YA'LL ARE GOING TO BE TIRED FROM THE TRAVEL AND I'M PRETTY SURE THEY HAVE WIFI FOR THE KIDS ELECTRONICS. ANOTHER IDEA IS CITY LODGE, RIGHT AT THE AIRPORT, GET CHECKED IN AND THEN HEAD BACK INTO THE AIRPORT TO LOOK AT THE SHOPS.

I PRIDE MYSELF IN NOT LIVING SCARED BUT I DON'T THINK I WOULD SPEND MY FIRST EVENING IN JOBURG OUT WALKING MY FAMILY AROUND.
AFRICAN SKY IS A GREAT IDEA, YA'LL ARE GOING TO BE TIRED FROM THE TRAVEL AND I'M PRETTY SURE THEY HAVE WIFI FOR THE KIDS ELECTRONICS. ANOTHER IDEA IS CITY LODGE, RIGHT AT THE AIRPORT, GET CHECKED IN AND THEN HEAD BACK INTO THE AIRPORT TO LOOK AT THE SHOPS.

Africa Sky will not disappoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avaxdsmith

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]