An Actual Video Of How We Used To Conduct Beats For Royal Bengal Tigers & Panthers

Sir,
Should you ever find yourself in Bangladesh, it would be our honor to guide you on a Shikar for Kakar Deer and wild boars , from an elephant howdah . This can be arranged in the Maulvi Bazaar forests and the Kakar Deer and the wild boars will be hunted by way of beats . It shall be just like a normal driven Shikar for Kakar Deer or wild boar , as we locals do them . However , we shall simply hire an elephant cab for you from the Sri Mangal elephant ride service . You may hunt one Kakar Deer and three wild boars , free of charge . All you need to do is give our beaters one of the three wild boars , so that they may take the fresh pork for their families .

If you own any 7 millimeter caliber rifle , then that will be perfect for the shikar . If you find traveling with firearms to be inconvenient , then I would be glad to let you use my 7 millimeter Remington Magnum . I have thousands of 175 grain Remington Core Lokt factory loaded soft nose cartridges in my closet. If you prefer to use any other brand of ammunition , then you can let us know two months prior to your visit . Then , I shall have a box of that particular brand of ammunition imported into Bangladesh ,by our importers for your use .
View attachment 344010
If you would prefer to use a shotgun loaded with buckshot ( though I would not personally recommend buckshot for our 135 kilogram Bengal Bush Boars ) , then Major Khan Sir has an extra shotgun ( a semi automatic variant with a 3 inch chamber and multi chokes ) , that he often loans his foreign friends . Along with plenty of Winchester copper plated 12 pellet SG cartridges ( 2 3/4 inch ) , for your use.
View attachment 344011
I truly lament that we cannot offer you a Royal Bengal Tiger or a Hunting Leopard, like the good old days ( save for the odd man eater) .
That is a capital idea , Panther Shooter.
General Taylor Sir is like us , in that he despises buck shot for large game !
However , a 12 Bore shot gun loaded with AAA cartridges is an excellent weapon against kakar deer , during beats .
IMG_20200417_232646.jpg

42 pellets of 5.08 mm diameter would certainly crumple any kakar deer at close range... during beats .
For the Wild Boars , of course ... using this weapon would be suicide . Your 7 mm Remington magnum calibre rifle or my spare shot gun , loaded with Brenekke Black Magic Slugs would make for a far more sensible choice .

Sir,
Should you ever find yourself in Bangladesh, it would be our honor to guide you on a Shikar for Kakar Deer and wild boars , from an elephant howdah . This can be arranged in the Maulvi Bazaar forests and the Kakar Deer and the wild boars will be hunted by way of beats . It shall be just like a normal driven Shikar for Kakar Deer or wild boar , as we locals do them . However , we shall simply hire an elephant cab for you from the Sri Mangal elephant ride service . You may hunt one Kakar Deer and three wild boars , free of charge . All you need to do is give our beaters one of the three wild boars , so that they may take the fresh pork for their families .

If you own any 7 millimeter caliber rifle , then that will be perfect for the shikar . If you find traveling with firearms to be inconvenient , then I would be glad to let you use my 7 millimeter Remington Magnum . I have thousands of 175 grain Remington Core Lokt factory loaded soft nose cartridges in my closet. If you prefer to use any other brand of ammunition , then you can let us know two months prior to your visit . Then , I shall have a box of that particular brand of ammunition imported into Bangladesh ,by our importers for your use .
View attachment 344010
If you would prefer to use a shotgun loaded with buckshot ( though I would not personally recommend buckshot for our 135 kilogram Bengal Bush Boars ) , then Major Khan Sir has an extra shotgun ( a semi automatic variant with a 3 inch chamber and multi chokes ) , that he often loans his foreign friends . Along with plenty of Winchester copper plated 12 pellet SG cartridges ( 2 3/4 inch ) , for your use.
View attachment 344011
I truly lament that we cannot offer you a Royal Bengal Tiger or a Hunting Leopard, like the good old days ( save for the odd man eater) .
That would be a wonderful experience however I were armed.

I sincerely do hope that all of you gentle men shall enjoy this video .

This is fantastic film, and your comments and explanation and introduction of participants make it highly valued in my eyes!

What is so fascinating is the details taken during this filming, with old filming equipment of that time. They managed to have cameras in right moment at right place to film the driven tiger, leopard, snakes... Amazing!

Thank you, major Khan, for sharing this article with us!!

Just watching that film was an adrenaline rush. Thick bush, roaring tigers and panthers, not knowing where they are or what they are doing. Wow! I can definitely see the need for a double rifle and some quick handling. That is the stuff of dreams, but 50 years late. Thank you for the film and your timely explanation.

Younger! :( I turn 68 this year ..... and I do have a bit of experience with doubles of one form or the other.

Along with a passion for guns and rifles of the golden age, I also have a passion for art, books, and memorabilia of that era - primarily military and hunting related (really from the Napoleonic era onward). The travel poster below was published in the UK in 1922 on behalf of the Great India Peninsula Railway. It would be politically incorrect today, but it is a wonderful artifact from a period slipping away into history. Note that the visiting sportsman could rent his own private tourist car on the train.

View attachment 344003
Red Leg
Beautiful poster.
Bob

This is fantastic film, and your comments and explanation and introduction of participants make it highly valued in my eyes!

What is so fascinating is the details taken during this filming, with old filming equipment of that time. They managed to have cameras in right moment at right place to film the driven tiger, leopard, snakes... Amazing!

Thank you, major Khan, for sharing this article with us!!
It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed this video so much , Mark Hunter. I shall tell Riaz today about how much all of you gentle men have enjoyed his video . He shall feel extremely happy.

Just watching that film was an adrenaline rush. Thick bush, roaring tigers and panthers, not knowing where they are or what they are doing. Wow! I can definitely see the need for a double rifle and some quick handling. That is the stuff of dreams, but 50 years late. Thank you for the film and your timely explanation.
It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed this story so much , New Boomer. I shall be sure to pass on your kind words to Riaz . He often visits these forums as a guest and reads many of the articles and threads on African Hunting Forums .
He shall be quite happy to know your appreciative views of his video.

It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed this story so much , New Boomer. I shall be sure to pass on your kind words to Riaz . He often visits these forums as a guest and reads many of the articles and threads on African Hunting Forums .
He shall be quite happy to know your appreciative views of his video.
Major Sir
Would it not be a good idea to ask Riaz to join AH forums ? He certainly does qualify as AH forum material , does he not ?

Maybe sooner, then later, somebody from this group will go to hunt in Bangladesh!
I certainly hope to read that report!

Maybe sooner, then later, somebody from this group will go to hunt in Bangladesh!
I certainly hope to read that report!
Mark Hunter
Would you like me to write a story about my most recent Chital Deer Shikar on AH forums, sometime soon ?

Mark Hunter
Would you like me to write a story about a Chital Deer Shikar on AH forums, sometime soon ?

Absolutely, yes, Sir, whenever you find convenient time, to do so.
I am certain, I speak for many of the forum members!

Moreover, because chital deer, or how we call them - Axis deer,is introduced species in my country and we have option to hunt them in limited hunting areas. I never had a chance, yet.

Wyatt Smith
We will be honored to be your Shikar guides . You can hunt a Chital Deer and a wild boar there . Also , some nice cranes and common sheldrake ducks .
I have been saving for an African Safari PS, but maybe when the time comes I shall go with you gentlemen, if the offer still stands.

Mark Hunter
Would you like me to write a story about my most recent Chital Deer Shikar on AH forums, sometime soon ?
Friend Panther Shooter
That is a silly question my friend we eagerly await all your stories. Friend Bob.

Absolutely, yes, Sir, whenever you find convenient time, to do so.
I am certain, I speak for many of the forum members!

Moreover, because chital deer, or how we call them - Axis deer,is introduced species in my country and we have option to hunt them in limited hunting areas. I never had a chance, yet.
Go for it , Mark Hunter !
IMG_20200124_140033.jpg

No tastier venison has ever existed on God's Green Earth .

Go for it , Mark Hunter !

Considering that my budget for african safari 2020, is forcefully saved due to korona pandemic related cancellations, I might just do that!!!

So they dropped the python on the poor beater guy to film him squirm a little?
Hold on , Shark ZA . I shall ask Riaz this question and get back to you by today . This incident happened 2 years prior to me joining Allwyn Cooper Limited .
But it is quite unlikely that they would ever deliberately put 1 of our employees in danger . At least they never ever did something like this ... during the time when I was a professional shikaree working there ( 1961 to 1970 ) .
But give me a few hours . I will call Riaz on Viber ( he lives in a different Division of Bangladesh ) and ask him . Then , I shall post Riaz's answer here .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveG585

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia