Americase has ceased selling weapon cases

I have a TuffPack that has been to Africa 5 times with guns and clothing packed around the gun cases with no issues with the airlines or TSA. My last trip in 2019 I used a SKB combination gun/bow case to take a rifle and bow. I packed all sorts gear and clothing in the case and kept the weight to 48 pounds. The airlines never cared and TSA asked to look inside at Washington DC on the return trip just so he could see what brand of bow I was using

Our last 8 out of the country trips have all be with up to 4 TUFF- PAK cases and yes they all have golf club stickers all over them.
Unless you like to advertise what you are traveling with. ( I don't)

I have a Americase safari case that holds three rifles 1 flat in the lid and 2 more horizontal in the case. It also weighs over 25 lbs ( If you want to buy it complete with my information on an attached factory engraved plaque we can work something out) which was not bad when South African air was way lax on the weight of gun cases,

We also use the 2 rifle pelican cases with wheels, Up at the ranch and when traveling to the surrounding western states to hunt,( back of the truck or jeep)

Even a brand new baggage person knows what a gun case looks like. With out you having to play show and tell with it,

But hell why would they want my golf club case, When your gun case is sitting right there next to it.
Just my observation.........

Surely any case with guns has a firearms tag put on by the airline at check in...so dont think golf club stickers going to provide much cover...

They are chipping away at us little by little.
A death by 1,000 cuts

I wouldn’t be surprised if soon airlines will no longer allow firearms on their planes

Surely any case with guns has a firearms tag put on by the airline at check in...so dont think golf club stickers going to provide much cover...

Actually, here in the USA that is no longer done, the form you fill goes inside the case. They used to put an orange "steal me" firearm tag years ago and they quit doing that.

In other countries I have seen them put a red firearm tag.

Actually, here in the USA that is no longer done, the form you fill goes inside the case. They used to put an orange "steal me" firearm tag years ago and they quit doing that.

Ok wondered if it might be different in usa

Delta puts a special tag on the outside to identify it as a firearm (at least for going to South Africa). They also won’t give me the rifle at Pittsburgh airport on return until they put heavy duty zip ties around it.

Delta puts a special tag on the outside to identify it as a firearm (at least for going to South Africa). They also won’t give me the rifle at Pittsburgh airport on return until they put heavy duty zip ties around it.

That must be new as I did not see that from Atlanta to JNB and return. At Atlanta there was a glass cage for customs where all the firearms went and once inspected then it was the chemical sniff for TSA prior to handing the luggage over for final destination. No zip ties.

Since then I have been using other international airlines and still did not see tags at Stateside departures.

That must be new as I did not see that from Atlanta to JNB and return. At Atlanta there was a glass cage for customs where all the firearms went and once inspected then it was the chemical sniff for TSA prior to handing the luggage over for final destination. No zip ties.

Since then I have been using other international airlines and still did not see tags at Stateside departures.
It’s a white baggage tag in addition to the regular baggage tag, doesn’t stand out that much, but at least the last 2 trips I went in they’ve done that.
The zip ties is only Pittsburgh and only delta as far as I’ve seen. They’ve done it enough I’m trained fo carry a small pair cutting pliers now. Really annoys me.

In either case I am not really worried about the firearms being stolen at destination as much as they not making the connecting flights. I have had my TuffPak left behind in Istanbul once and make it on a much later flight in the past. Since then I try to give at least a 3 hour layover time when flying with firearms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MireyaDenn

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]