Alpine boots for Chamois hunt

Crispi, zamberlan, hanwag are all great brands that I’ve owned. Check out their stiffness rating and order accordingly.

Danner pronghorn is a no go for that terrain. I hate that boot in any terrain, frankly.

As others have stated stick with mountaineering boots, find something with a stiff sole. And get good wool socks.

My go to brands for this type of boot in no particular order are La Sportiva and Scarpa.

La Sportiva and Crispi are good choices but with all stiffer hunting boots make sure to really use them before the hunt to make sure they fit you well
I just had my second pair of La Sportiva start peeling away the sole again. They are fantastic boots, but my experiance is they have a very short life. I think I am ordering a new pair of Zamberlin and going to try a different route. The 2090 Mountain pro I think will be my next choice.

Zamberlain. Check with your outfitter for his thoughts, willing to bet they concur. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrisMendez

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia