Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

So the armorers dad thinks his daughter should get off as well. You know, the person who loaded the gun with a live round. This is an entire group of miserable pieces of human garbage.

@CWJ: The Armorer “failed” to do her job, was found guilty accordingly….but I can Not fault her Father for wanting his Daughter to be set free - it’s out of Love And the emotion that comes with it. The law will determine where she stays (as it should) but I don’t lump that woman’s Father in with the rest of those responsible for this tragedy…most parents can’t be objective when it comes to their children and Parents want to help their children.
Agree with others comments that the DA “screwed up this case”, maybe was trying (too hard?) to make a Name for themself by getting a conviction

@CWJ: The Armorer “failed” to do her job, was found guilty accordingly….but I can Not fault her Father for wanting his Daughter to be set free - it’s out of Love And the emotion that comes with it. The law will determine where she stays (as it should) but I don’t lump that woman’s Father in with the rest of those responsible for this tragedy…most parents can’t be objective when it comes to their children and Parents want to help their children.
Agree with others comments that the DA “screwed up this case”, maybe was trying (too hard?) to make a Name for themself by getting a conviction

She's only serving 18 months for a major screw up that took a life, almost two. Actually it was a screw up on top of multiple others. Boo hoo. The guy had no reason at all to make a public statement. Frankly, being an armorer himself, he's probably embarrassed because of her. This was her first job and she fed someone a live round. Everyone in this case is looking to blame someone else.

Seems obvious, An over zealous prosecutor playing fast and loose with exculpatory evidence. Huge but telling blunder. It’s a basic tenant of due process. Sound familiar for other cases dominating the news the last three years? ;)

Presuming it was a special prosecutor that was a defense lawyer, I have serious questions regarding the Brady violations.

He was absolutely responsible for that death. In my legal opinion the majority of that liability came from his role as the producer. He barreled past many huge safety red flags. He should have realized long before the tragedy that his armorer was completely incompetent.

As much as I dislike Baldwin, the prosecution’s actions are inexcusable. What’s worse is the fact is it doesn’t sound like the evidence would have changed anything.

It’s hard for us not to be bitter with Alec @CBH Australia . He was an outspoken critic of gun owners, stated in many ways, many times how stupid and regressed we are, how no one should have weapons, and spent 5 years impersonating Donald Trump in a mocking way to antagonize half the country on SNL.

Without making light of the loss of life of a woman that was doing nothing but her job as a cinematographer, its pretty hard for half the nation not to see the irony in the fact that her murderer could have spent a few minutes learning gun safety rather than spending a lifetime mocking gun owners and the victim would be alive today.

It amazes me that they use real guns with real ammo on movie sets, yet the actor isn’t obligated to do what any gun owner would do in the real world. Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Disbelieve any claim that a gun is unloaded until verified personally. Nope, in Hollywood you just have a prop person come over and say “the gun is dead” and you can handle it with no further personal obligation to trust but verify that fact.
Since the death of Bruce Lee's son on a movie set (shot), actors in the US have been required to follow the rules of safe gun handling like the rest of us. Not by law, exactly, but they are so trained. Baldwin claimed to have not pressed the trigger. But, in his hand, the gun (a Colt Single Action Army clone) fired and was pointed at poor Halyna. Of course his claim is nonsense. Unfortunately, yesterday the judge threw out the case against him on a technicality. I don't know whether he can be retried. He is an adult, pointed a gun (empty or not) at some one and pulled the trigger. His actions killed her.

Read somewhere the armourer of this movie is the daughter of Thell Reed.

Old timers will recall him as being one of those who started the Southwestern Combat Pistol League with Jeff Cooper and a few others. He had the fastest draw of them all, and then went to the movie business, training actors.
I remember Elmer Keith writing of Thell, who he knew in Montana. Elmer said that about 16, Thell could hit a 2 lb coffee can from the hip 50% of the time, with a Colt Single Action Army in .45 Colt. He was a skilled pistolero.

Seems obvious, An over zealous prosecutor playing fast and loose with exculpatory evidence. Huge but telling blunder. It’s a basic tenant of due process. Sound familiar for other cases dominating the news the last three years? ;)
Story I read said the offending box of shells had never been in the state in which the crime occurred.

Since the death of Bruce Lee's son on a movie set (shot), actors in the US have been required to follow the rules of safe gun handling like the rest of us. Not by law, exactly, but they are so trained. Baldwin claimed to have not pressed the trigger. But, in his hand, the gun (a Colt Single Action Army clone) fired and was pointed at poor Halyna. Of course his claim is nonsense. Unfortunately, yesterday the judge threw out the case against him on a technicality. I don't know whether he can be retried. He is an adult, pointed a gun (empty or not) at some one and pulled the trigger. His actions killed her.
Yes.

Firearms Safety training, much like we go through for a Weapons Permit, should be a Federal Law. Let's see how far the Left Coast elites get behind supporting this proposal In Congress.
Perhaps the Brady Center, Hollywood, etc. could support this?

It's a damn shame that Halyna lost her life, her children lost their mother, and left a grieving husband, and an assistant wounded, will probably have medical issues for the rest of his life.

Baldwin shot them. I hope that memory is seared into his mind the rest of his days.

I firmly believe a man like Alec Baldwin is completely over this tragedy by now. Same for the armorer.

The fact Baldwin has little to no remorse sickens me.

My former neighbor's substack below:

Actor Alec Baldwin got away with murder Friday, as wealthy, famous liberals tend to do.

Okay, if you want to be picky, he got away with homicide—the unlawful killing of another human being. Murder is a legal term that sits at the peak of killing-other-people crimes. Baldwin had been charged with unintentional manslaughter. A New Mexico State judge let the trial wander around for a week before doing what she was always going to do—let Baldwin go. The idea was that the prosecution had hidden some bullets from the defense, ergo, Baldwin had to walk.

The main reason he got away with it was the reality that New Mexico spends $120 million a year handing out tax credits for movie production, and jailing one of the country’s best-known actors wouldn’t be great for business. New Mexico doesn’t have a lot of industry—tourism, federal laboratories, and movies.

So the judge in the case seized her first chance to dismiss the charges against Baldwin, with prejudice—meaning the case can’t be brought again.

We live in a world where justice its not always served—I realize that. But Baldwin’s case irks me because he shot the woman who died, the cinematographer of his movie Rust. Baldwin was holding the loaded gun. Baldwin pulled the trigger. The gun fired a hefty .45 caliber slug into Halyna Hutchins, his cinematographer, then went into the movie’s director, who was also standing behind the camera. The director survived; Hutchins didn’t.

At first Baldwin swore he never pulled the trigger of the gun, but a little work with the weapon showed it couldn’t be fired without pulling the trigger.Then Baldwin said making sure the gun was clear wasn’t his responsibility.

And that’s where we part ways. The person holding the gun is always responsible for it. My father had his failings, but he sure as hell drilled into me how guns should be handled. Sometimes he would load a gun without telling me and then see whether I checked it or not. Sometimes he wouldn’t load it to see if I checked. Crossing fences safely, carrying a gun safely—all that was in there. He made it very clear—the person holding the gun is responsible for its safety, no matter what someone else tells them.

Alec Baldwin should have been found guilty of manslaughter. He was holding the gun, he pulled the trigger. Q.E.D. I wouldn’t even care if he’d gotten a suspended sentence.

But Alec Baldwin will now finish his little Western and tell one and all they should shoot their movies in New Mexico. Great climate, forgiving legal system. No doubt, as a good liberal, he will also oppose the Second Amendment while using guns in all his movies and hiring well-armed bodyguards to keep him safe.

And Halyna Hutchins? Well, Alec will say, it was ail just a terrible mistake.

My former neighbor's substack below:

Actor Alec Baldwin got away with murder Friday, as wealthy, famous liberals tend to do.

Okay, if you want to be picky, he got away with homicide—the unlawful killing of another human being. Murder is a legal term that sits at the peak of killing-other-people crimes. Baldwin had been charged with unintentional manslaughter. A New Mexico State judge let the trial wander around for a week before doing what she was always going to do—let Baldwin go. The idea was that the prosecution had hidden some bullets from the defense, ergo, Baldwin had to walk.

The main reason he got away with it was the reality that New Mexico spends $120 million a year handing out tax credits for movie production, and jailing one of the country’s best-known actors wouldn’t be great for business. New Mexico doesn’t have a lot of industry—tourism, federal laboratories, and movies.

So the judge in the case seized her first chance to dismiss the charges against Baldwin, with prejudice—meaning the case can’t be brought again.

We live in a world where justice its not always served—I realize that. But Baldwin’s case irks me because he shot the woman who died, the cinematographer of his movie Rust. Baldwin was holding the loaded gun. Baldwin pulled the trigger. The gun fired a hefty .45 caliber slug into Halyna Hutchins, his cinematographer, then went into the movie’s director, who was also standing behind the camera. The director survived; Hutchins didn’t.

At first Baldwin swore he never pulled the trigger of the gun, but a little work with the weapon showed it couldn’t be fired without pulling the trigger.Then Baldwin said making sure the gun was clear wasn’t his responsibility.

And that’s where we part ways. The person holding the gun is always responsible for it. My father had his failings, but he sure as hell drilled into me how guns should be handled. Sometimes he would load a gun without telling me and then see whether I checked it or not. Sometimes he wouldn’t load it to see if I checked. Crossing fences safely, carrying a gun safely—all that was in there. He made it very clear—the person holding the gun is responsible for its safety, no matter what someone else tells them.

Alec Baldwin should have been found guilty of manslaughter. He was holding the gun, he pulled the trigger. Q.E.D. I wouldn’t even care if he’d gotten a suspended sentence.

But Alec Baldwin will now finish his little Western and tell one and all they should shoot their movies in New Mexico. Great climate, forgiving legal system. No doubt, as a good liberal, he will also oppose the Second Amendment while using guns in all his movies and hiring well-armed bodyguards to keep him safe.

And Halyna Hutchins? Well, Alec will say, it was ail just a terrible mistake.
Right on point.

If you can still find the video of him at the police station I believe before they knew she died, he says to a officer or maybe a detective many times he pulled the trigger. I'm sure the video is gone by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kellie2970

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.