Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

Any similar bad experiences with tubular mag on pump action shotgun?
A couple times until I stretched the spring a little and cleaned the tube. Surprising how much crap gets into such places.

The Judge removed the most relevant and damaging charge Baldwin faced. He is no longer charged as the producer. Only as an actor.

As The producer he was responsible for all the cost cutting measures that impacted safety. There were many safety complaints and protests brought to him as the producer. Now the jury will not hear that.

Only that he was handed a loaded weapon. By a negligent armorer. He got a huge break from the judge. And will not do one hour of time.

The Judge removed the most relevant and damaging charge Baldwin faced. He is no longer charged as the producer. Only as an actor.

As The producer he was responsible for all the cost cutting measures that impacted safety. There were many safety complaints and protests brought to him as the producer. Now the jury will not hear that.

Only that he was handed a loaded weapon. By a negligent armorer. He got a huge break from the judge. And will not do one hour of time.
@Altitude sickness - good point and increases chance he walks. As a comparrison I think about the Military and when they conduct Firearms Training in Boot Camp - accidents happen, people have been shot & killed at Army rifle Ranges. These new Soldiers are sometimes Not charged regardless of carelessness. My comparrison is not perfect but What IF a Drill Sargent hands a Soldier a rifle and tells him it’s UNloaded, the Soldier then “pulls the trigger”, gun fires and hits bystander - is that Soldier getting convicted? He took his Drill Sergeants word that the gun was Unloaded (And Soldiers are much Smarter then Hollywood Actors). Like most on this thread - I don’t know Baldwin and don’t like what I’ve read about him, also agree most on AH would Never have been as careless as him.
I would very surprised if he”s convicted and think hung jury most likely….just my Perry Mason uninformed guess

As the producer he was responsible for all the cost cutting measures that impacted safety. There were many safety complaints and protests brought to him as the producer. Now the jury will not hear that.
There may not be enough evidence vs the law for a criminal conviction for mitigating safety to save money. That would however be grounds for a civil case to sue the heck out of the producer!

There may not be enough evidence vs the law for a criminal conviction for mitigating safety to save money. That would however be grounds for a civil case to sue the heck out of the producer!
Agree, this isn’t over and will head to Civil seeking $$…..a criminal conviction insures a win in Civil and increases the settlement amount that will be coming eventually.

I first saw Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians getting Coffee in Cars" on some long airplane flight. This is an episode with Alec Baldwin. You can see how he treats the waitress, basically being a jerk.

No basically being himself.

Case dismissed with prejudice.

Amazing and disappointing.
I did not watch the hearing, but from one of my lawyer friends who did, said there was a major Brady violation. I don't know what the DA withheld from the defense, but that a big no-no.

The prosecution knew about a box of live ammo in possession of the prop supplier in Arizona that supposedly, (according to the prosecution), was not relevant. This information was withheld from the defense.

FOX Live had a segment about it.

Case dismissed with prejudice.

Amazing and disappointing.
That doesn't surprise me. Justice is for those who can afford it or baffle the system with big name bullshit.

It's to be expected in a liberal ran state like New Mexico along with all of them in Santa Fe.

It was also expected for a very long time that he would get off so none of this came as a surprise.

Looks like a clearly intentional Brady violation, or least that is what it looks like for what I have watched and read this afternoon. There is no excuse for that from the state and the only remedy you are going to get is a dismissal. If there was a plausible belief it was unintentional, you could see a dismissal without a final disposition. But that is what even argued by the state, they admitted to it.

I can't stand the guy, but the state has a high bar to jump, as it should be for everyone.

Last edited:
I don't like to see this POS get off anymore than OJ. But when the Prosecution screws up that's on them, I think the DA should be fired and lose his license to practice law!

They weren't a DA, but a special prosecutor who is manly a private defense attorney from what I read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottlinks

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt