Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

Never ending story!

For civilians, two slide pulls and visual check of chamber, is sufficient.
By "civilians" I dont mean CCW holders, but those who shoot recreationally or competitively in daylight hours on the range.
Explanation:
In case user forgets to remove the mag first, on empty chamber and full mag, first pull of slide will have still a chamber empty, second pull of slide will extract the first round, bringing attention to user that something is wrong.
Visual check, must be done, in case extractor is broken.
Finger off the trigger at all times, of course
That assumes the firearm is working properly. If there is a problem with extractor, ejector, or magazine then not so much. The extractor fails to hook over the cartridge rim, and you have a live round in the chamber. Or if a cartridge gets stuck in the magazine, then later gets bumped loose when working the action and ends up in the chamber; I've seen this a number of times on shotguns or rifles with tubular magazines. Usually caused by grit binding-up the magazine follower and/or spring.

Visually inspecting the chamber and looking at the magazine follower is the only way to be certain.

That assumes the firearm is working properly. If there is a problem with extractor, ejector, or magazine then not so much. The extractor fails to hook over the cartridge rim, and you have a live round in the chamber. Or if a cartridge gets stuck in the magazine, then later gets bumped loose when working the action and ends up in the chamber; I've seen this a number of times on shotguns or rifles with tubular magazines. Usually caused by grit binding-up the magazine follower and/or spring.

Visually inspecting the chamber and looking at the magazine follower is the only way to be certain.
There is no way possible for a single action revolver to fire even with a live round in the chamber until the hammer is manually cocked and the trigger pulled. The only exception being a vintage Colt with no transfer bar and even then only if it is dropped and lands on the hammer.

There is no way possible for a single action revolver to fire even with a live round in the chamber until the hammer is manually cocked and the trigger pulled. The only exception being a vintage Colt with no transfer bar and even then only if it is dropped and lands on the hammer.
Newboomer: You are absolutely correct as regards single action revolvers. However, I was responding to Mark-Hunter's post concerning magazine-fed firearms.

Newboomer: You are absolutely correct as regards single action revolvers. However, I was responding to Mark-Hunter's post concerning magazine-fed firearms.
Totally agree with your post. I was responding to the baldwin case. He has no excuse and should be proecuted to the fullest extent of the law --- about 20 years worth behind bars. Call it learning for his next movie role.

Totally agree with your post. I was responding to the baldwin case. He has no excuse and should be proecuted to the fullest extent of the law --- about 20 years worth behind bars. Call it learning for his next movie role.
I don’t know what happened but he should take some responsibility. Unfortunately with his money he can fight and the whole case just becomes more theatrics in the court room.
As the director of the movie and person who pulled the trigger with a loaded round in the chamber causing another person’s death he must be held accountable for his actions.

I first saw Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians getting Coffee in Cars" on some long airplane flight. This is an episode with Alec Baldwin. You can see how he treats the waitress, basically being a jerk.

I first saw Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians getting Coffee in Cars" on some long airplane flight. This is an episode with Alec Baldwin. You can see how he treats the waitress, basically being a jerk.

Thanks for sharing this. Never saw it. How is your back ?

Thanks for sharing this. Never saw it. How is your back ?
My back is much better, thanks for asking. I’d say it’s about 90% back to normal. That might be as good as it gets. Thankful it didn’t require surgery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmieWool

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.
Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!