Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member: Buckmasters, NRA, RMEF, DSC, SCI, and CCA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, TX, MO, FL, AK, IL, WI, WY
My wife and I want to send some fresh seafood to friends in Georgia. Any recommendations on a company in Alaska to buy/ship from? (Note: I've done some google searches but am hesitant to order based on internet links). Thanks, John

I went to 10th & M when I was in Anchorage and bought some frozen stuff to fly home with, but never ordered online.

It’s been years since I ordered from them, but when I was stuck on the East Coast, I did a bunch of research and settled on great Alaskan seafoods. They were a little pricey, but quality was second to none because of the way they were processed

i believe Alaska Sausage also sells seafood. good quality seafood is spendy, shipping from alaska to.....anywhere is also spendy.:cry:

I became picky with my trout and salmon. Didn’t believe in buying fish either, but after being stuck back east for years, I finally gave in and had to ship it in periodically. I couldn’t believe “Keta” or “silverbright” frozen filet's were about the best options I could find!

Sometimes you have no option, but to pony up the cash.

Thanks everyone for the options.

My wife and I want to send some fresh seafood to friends in Georgia. Any recommendations on a company in Alaska to buy/ship from? (Note: I've done some google searches but am hesitant to order based on internet links). Thanks, John
Hey John,

This may be moot based on what you asked for - sending seafood to Ga.

But, if you're on the east coast, Wegmans markets usually have a great seafood counter. Fresh, in season, etc. if there is one near you, maybe go buy it yourself, and send a "care package"?

2nd idea; you can never go wrong with Florida Bay Scallops.... I haven't looked, but would suspect you can find a place that sells/ships these, and will get more for your $$ than going Alaskan. Just my opinion.

@CraigV Thanks for the ideas. We can always bring scallops with us when we visit so it doesn't seem as special. We want to send them something out of left field that is unique. A little costly due to shipping, but our wives have been friends for close to 35 years and seen each other through a lot of ups and downs - so worth it.

@CraigV Thanks for the ideas. We can always bring scallops with us when we visit so it doesn't seem as special. We want to send them something out of left field that is unique. A little costly due to shipping, but our wives have been friends for close to 35 years and seen each other through a lot of ups and downs - so worth it.
Got it and understand!

I'm still fond of creating a care package, if you can get stuff locally and ship to them. More personal that way, and you can see what's going in the box.

I used to ship crawdads around the country when I was in S Texas, and still send packs of elf/venison jerky around the globe from my current home.

BTW, fresh dungeness crab run around $7.00/lbs here.

I'll send you some crab for bay scallops!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidTaine

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?