Airlines requiring a UN0012 or UN0014 proof

An additional thing for European hunters (and potentially US hunters in the future) to look out for, is that on this safety data sheet from Norma, the biggest caliber is .470NE .

1664179191104.png

UN0012 specifically mentions ammunition up to caliber .50 (not included I believe) Which means that someone with a .500NE or larger, is going to have even more trouble bringing their rifle on safari.

Not sure anymore if I really would want a .500NE/.577NE/.505 Gibbs or similar now...

V.

According to SAAMI: "Cartridges, small arms 50 cal or less with inert bullets"

At the end of the day, it'll be up to your airlines dangerous goods people as to what they'll approve. Worth making the inquiry well in advance.

AirBelgium has the only direct flight from Brussels to Johannesburg, 11hrs of flight. I get on the plane at 20:00, sleep, and then I have breakfast in the airport already. This is a route I have to check out. Outbound is Wednesday’s. Coming back is 19:00 on Monday’s…

This opens the possibility of a long weekend safari in Africa.

So far they have been friendly, just a bit difficult about requiring this proof. But once I have it, it should work out.
Then take a train to Amsterdam or Cologne

Then take a train to Amsterdam or Cologne
And then I can have the additional complication of transit in another EU country. Plus additional travel time. +4hrs or so.

I finally found a newer one for Norma (previous was from 2005). This one includes the 404 and 510/505 Calibers.

Superb @BourbonTrail ! Thanks a lot for this! So 500NE rifles are an option again ! :D

@AfricaHunting.com / @BRICKBURN Would it make sense to have these documents added into a thread or location with all other kinds of documents that airlines/customs might request? I'll be trying to find the Safety Data Sheets for other ammunition producers, in case I ever need any. Currently I only need the RWS and Norma, but there are many other brands of ammo.

If on top we could find a SDS declaration for handloaded ammo (not necessary for me, but for others perhaps) this will be handy for those that need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay A Huminsky

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg