Airfare rates

June '22 - British Airways Seattle-London-JNB in First Class at $3900. Didn't realize at the time how ridiculous of a deal that was. Was 'downgraded' from First Class to Business on the flight to London so they also refunded me something like $600 and then the London-JNB flight was so late that we got the delay compensation from BA. Think my net cost was a shade under $3k.

June '24 - Delta Premium Select one-way Cape Town->Atlanta->Seattle for $1200. Seemed to be abnormally low and only showed on one day the whole month.

March '25 - Qatar Q Suite Seattle-Doha-Johannesburg quote was $5200 round trip. Qatar economy was $1200 on Qatar and ~$1600 on Delta. Went with Delta for shorter overall flying time in economy and will hope for a good buy-up offer to premium seats or even Biz class.

April 2024, Dublin to Jo,burg return €495 or $546us. That was with Lufthansa but they wanted €500 to carry my rifle :mad:

When I talked to Jennifer Ginn @TRAVEL EXPRESS the higher quotes I was getting was for travel June and July 2025 - prime season. Close to double flying off season (October / November).

Just finalized my July 2025 flights through Gracy travel. Delta comfort plus bulkhead, aisle seat round trip was $4700 give or take. My wife was planning to go but she finally came to me and said for the plane ticket and daily rates and activities she wanted to do, she would rather stay home and spend those monies doing “her stuff.” I agreed fully and will now be going it alone next summer.
Peak travel time of the year, but much higher than my last trip ticket, felt the pinch on this one-same as everything else, grocery store, clothing etc etc

@Philip Glass

Thanks for the tip on Google Flight Alerts. I just put in for a potential trip next summary: Depart Tampa 6/26 (6/25 on Qatar due to extra day) and return from Johannesburg 7/13.

Premium Economy on Delta is $4,450 per person
There are rates as low as $3,100 but not flights I would want to take - especially with firearms.
Qatar Airway's site is showing about $8,000 for business class per person

John
That is the top price for Qatar. This means they have not released all the fare classes yet. Have to keep watching. I am out above $3500 on Delta premium. I’ll likely be in Confort+ next year unless things change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManuelaBla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles