After the hunt costs for our 2023 Safari with Kubusi - with questions

I was told by Laura at Coppersmiths in Chicago that when a crate arrives in Atlanta that there is no storage fee while it clears agriculture then gets sent to Chicago and and then to their warehouse to clear F&W and customs and no storage fees , that is how mine was handled last year.
@Hyde Hunter , thank you for the info. That would be great. I’m hoping the same goes for our shipment. It’s crazy all of the fees already. But, at the same time, if everyone broke down their charges to the degree we see here, it would probably scare us every time we bought anything.

@Hyde Hunter , thank you for the info. That would be great. I’m hoping the same goes for our shipment. It’s crazy all of the fees already. But, at the same time, if everyone broke down their charges to the degree we see here, it would probably scare us every time we bought anything.

It does and I did all 3, and soon to be 4, trophy shipments.:E Horrified::E Huh::E Sweat::cry:

At the costs for taxidermy and shipping alone, I could have hunted a few more animals and stayed a few more days.

I simply justify it as sculpture art for the wall. Much the same as hanging paintings only in 3D.

Not much of a resolve, but broken down: overall cost of hunt + taxidermy + shipping ÷ # of animals = cost of each piece of art work. IMO, the 3D artwork is a bit more impressive to look at than simple pictures or paintings, as each one is a first of species or a more impressive than first of species.

It does and I did all 3, and soon to be 4, trophy shipments.:E Horrified::E Huh::E Sweat::cry:

At the costs for taxidermy and shipping alone, I could have hunted a few more animals and stayed a few more days.

I simply justify it as sculpture art for the wall. Much the same as hanging paintings only in 3D.

Not much of a resolve, but broken down: overall cost of hunt + taxidermy + shipping ÷ # of animals = cost of each piece of art work. IMO, the 3D artwork is a bit more impressive to look at than simple pictures or paintings, as each one is a first of species or a more impressive than first of species.
I agree as it being art on the wall and I wish that I had space for more than just one , probably my first Tiny Ten but anything else would have to go out to the barn per my wife, she already gave up a big wall of family pictures so my last 2 trips could go up but she says no more and the barn is not a place for taxidermy, so pictures only, and they can go in the spare bedroom and gun room

I agree as it being art on the wall and I wish that I had space for more than just one , probably my first Tiny Ten but anything else would have to go out to the barn per my wife, she already gave up a big wall of family pictures so my last 2 trips could go up but she says no more and the barn is not a place for taxidermy, so pictures only, and they can go in the spare bedroom and gun room
The great thing about TT taxidermy is they don’t take up much space, even a full body mount of a dik-dik, suni or blue duiker can fit on a shelf or on top of a cabinet or small amount of floor space.

she already gave up a big wall of family pictures so my last 2 trips could go up but she says
Momma has to have her trophies on the wall to look at also.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure every US state and several countries has laws regarding mounting family members and close finds on the wall.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....and perhaps how they got there.

I can't say this is 100% true....BUT....I'm pretty confident All women have it in their DNA to collect "Dust Collectors".

I'm Not talking about those kind of figurines or other things that may have potential to gain in value or favorite figurines of things they like, such as dolls, animals, plates, angels, nomes, etc., etc.. IMO, guys can or should support (tolerate) a woman's prerogative in her endeavors to reasonably collect such things. Even though they take up space for more important guy things like taxidermy, new gun safe, hand carved duck decorys, etc., etc.

What I'm referring to, are those kind of whimsical "what nots" that have no meaning, no purpose, sit scattered about, in the way, waiting to be trashed during a future "spring (or fall) cleaning".

In supporting the woman's "hobby", preferably the former, than regretfully the latter, things women like to collect only serves us guys as justifications to have "man cave(s)", ie. the garage, the basement, or a new addition to the house, or even a separate building we can call our own.

That is until she wants to learn about working on vehicles with her tools seperate but kept in the man cave,, wanting her firearms seperate but included with the man's cave firearm collection, wanting her taxidermy hung next to his mounts especially the mounts showing she got the bigger of the two animals, etc.,etc., And just like that the man cave is now just an extention of the woman of the house area where the man is allowed to decorate within her reasoning.:cool::giggle:

Thus us guys should be thankful and happy for what little space the woman of the house allows us to share inside her domain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyeWood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.