African shooting sticks

They're excellent and a true pleasure to use-own. Buy a set, start practicing with them and don't look back. They develop a great patina over the years also. The ASC folks are great to work with.

I have two pair. The first pair was wood, after use sent to back for refinishing. Bought carbon fiber model. You don’t have to worry about the wood getting damaged. Not as pretty as the wood, but I don’t worry about it breaking, scratching, etc.

I have a set of ASC sticks and used them on several hunts. For a buffalo/elephant CZ550 .416 Rigby hunt they worked perfectly well. The tracker usually carried them and we had time to set up both shots.

For work beyond 100 yards I’m quickly becoming a believer in quad sticks. They’re a bit more trouble to set up (not good for DG) but the difference in stability is huge.

I bought a pair of African Sporting creations shooting sticks. They are well made and I did have a issue with one Jim sent a replacement as quick as humanly possible. My problem is they seem too long to get set up on and way too heavy. I ended up using 4 Stable Sticks® Ultimate Carbon... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CSRP1Z4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Weigh slightly over a pound. Stable as a rock, you can get set up and ready to shoot in a second. My PH liked them so much he offered to buy them from me. I added them to the cash tip and ordered another set. They are tough, I used them as walking sticks on a couple of steep rocky hillsides with no problems. They also work well from sitting if you remove the middle section, although I didn’t get a chance to test on my hunt

I tested my ASC sticks this morning. Took a few rounds to figure out the proper position but once in tune with it, I was easily making 100, 150, and 200yd shots on 8" steel plates with my 35 Whelen. Next week I will hang some targets to see if my shot placement has consistency. But a good first impression.

Not that's it's ideal, but I've used them on game out to 400 yds and they've been great. It's all about practicing with them. It's good fun to run drills that progress out to 300-400, while adding some physical stress. Again, not ideal but shooting at distance makes the 100-250 yd shots feel easy. My son and I practice on reduced-size steel at 50-100 yds with an old Ruger M77/22RS set-up like our hunt rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sophia17T8

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]