African Hunting Safari For Two

B. Vaughn

Reaction score
I recently purchased this hunt at a ducks unlimited event. I have the attached the information. Unfortunately, with my work schedule it is unlikely that I will have the time to go. I paid $2,500.00 for the hunt. I am looking to get my money back, not turn a profit. I can send a receipt showing the amount that I paid for the hunt. I checked with DU and I can transfer the hunt. The hunt must be taken by the end of the year. It includes $650.00 per hunter in trophy fees. If you are interested please message me and I will provide you with my phone number. Serious inquiries only please.

Attachments

Who is going to be the jerk that tells this fellow his hunt is worthless? <sigh> I'll do it. :(

Sir, your hunt is worthless. The trophy fees are so high as to make your hunt have no value. 60" kudu for $15,000?

Donate your hunt to a charity and take the deduction.

Who is going to be the jerk that tells this fellow his hunt is worthless? <sigh> I'll do it. :(

Had to be someone! or the deafening silence might have been confusing.

If you read the small print at the bottom of the brochure it states that each hunter is expected to take at least 4 trophy's and the 650.00 credit is the only applied after the 7th trophy for each hunter....

The 150.00 day rate is nice....:sneaky:

The saddest part of these scams or "offers" is this is the introduction to Africa that the initial buyer gets to experience. You buy in America at what you think is a reputable charitable function only to find out that there is almost zero vetting of items offered by these conservation organizations whatsoever and you're left holding the bag on a gigantic expense for a worthless voucher for a hunt no one would ever partake in. It's not right.

If you read the small print at the bottom of the brochure it states that each hunter is expected to take at least 4 trophy's and the 650.00 credit is the only applied after the 7th trophy for each hunter....

The 150.00 day rate is nice....:sneaky:

nothing like fine print.

Guess this is one outfit to beware of. Shame so many good sponsors here get a bad name.

Referring to scam offers. Makes some people worry about everyone

What about DU?

Five beer and start bidding

Sorry to see it work out like this. Unfortunately this seems to be a trend. I've seen auctions at a couple banquets and some friends mentioning the details of others that are all super inflated. I just tried to open White Lion's web page, the price list wouldn't open. Big red flag to me. I know the hunt still costs the outfitter, but in some cases they are making up for it and much more with all the catches. Wisest thing I tell everyone at banquets is to have your smartphone and research hunts you are interested in. A little comparison shopping goes a long way.

Guess this is one outfit to beware of. Shame so many good sponsors here get a bad name.
I hope not @johnnyblues as I am booked with White Lion in May.
So far all communication has been good. I will report back after my trip.
@B. Vaughn were you aware of the fine print??? and more importantly the competitive value of SA plains game safaris?

I hope not @johnnyblues as I am booked with White Lion in May.
So far all communication has been good. I will report back after my trip.
@B. Vaughn were you aware of the fine print??? and more importantly the competitive value of SA plains game safaris?
I wish you the best. Look forward to your report.

It sounds to me as there is a truth in advertising issue. Donating a hunt when all that the hunter is getting is the daily hunt fee and has to pay a minimum trophy fee, which greatly exceeds the daily fee is not really getting "a hunt". Reminds me of advertisements I'd see 60 years ago: Offering a free freezer, on the condition that you purchased several hundred pounds of meat for it during the following year. Seems to me everyone would be much more satisfied if the total costs were itemized and noted as either mandatory/minimum or optional. I checked White Lions website- to get a price list the hunter needs to contact them.

the offer clearly states it has a $650 trophy credit per hunter. I think they offer every client $650 off if they shoot 7 animals. If the OP or @Neale take 7 animals they will get the $650, and I think the OP basically gets a blesbok or impala for "free."

It isn't the worst ever, but you would need to be selective in what you shoot for sure. Warthog, Gemsbok look not that far out of line. Zebra, wildebeest, red hartebeest are a little high, but not outrageous. Cape Eland, baboon, and mountain reedbuck seem about right.

I would take Eland, Gemsbok, warthog, the "free" impala or blesbok, the other (impala or blesbok). that is 5. Mtn reedbuck, then the next animal is $650 off, and now Zebra, hartebeest or wildebeest are less or inline with many places.

Find a friend or family member to be the 2nd hunter for 1250.

I'm not a big fan of these donation hunts either. Its the classic conundrum of low daily rates = high trophy fees and vice versa. These donations offer the illusion of a great deal, rather than actually being a great deal.

It seems to me that some of the best deals are posted right here on AH by many of our sponsors.

I wouldn't immediately discount the outfitter though. There's at least one report on AH about this outfitter and the hunter seemed very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh5160

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia