African Huntin Boots

I bought a pair of Jim Greeen 8 inch boots and used them in Zim in July loved them. Recently bought off of ebay a pair of Jim Green Razorbacks with the ranger sole. I really like them and they will be my backup for my hunt in Bots in a few weeks. Still like the 8 inch boots better

I have 3 pairs of Jim Green African Ranger boots and although I really like Courtney boots, I find the JGs far more comfortable, lighter, and quieter. I do wear a good arch supporting insoles in all my shoes and this is a MUST for me.
Nothing matches the durability and toughness of the Courtney tire tread but they are also heavy.
I guess everything is a trade off. Lighter, quieter, and more comfortable boot like the AR - BUT - less durable and impenetrable sole like the Courtney.
I have worn one pair of African Rangers 3-4 days a week for nearly 2 years and give zero complaints. About 6 months ago I bought a pair for nicer occasions. 3 weeks ago I bought a pair of the A Ranger “barefoot” boots and they are my absolute favorites; immediately comfortable and felt broken in like old shoes.
After 2 yrs wearing the JG ARs, I RARELY put on my other boots and don’t see that changing unless JG does something stupid like discontinuing them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wing yang

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with