Advise for loading 7mm Rem Mag

My Rem 700 7mag shoots h4831 extremely well. Does good with IMR but prefers H powder. You should be able to find a sweet spot with velocity you are trying to obtain.
 
@Nevada Mike reading your OP, I assume you meant to say the 175 gr Core Lokt bullets are wildly accurate, not inaccurate.

I too stumbled upon a similar finding. I bought a box of Federal Premium Trophy Bonded Bear Claw in 175 grain and they are extremely accurate in my rifle (Ruger M77 Mk1). I then bought a case of the same ammo off of GB and have no intentions of reloading for my Ruger 7mm mag.
Nope. I haven't found any 175s that shoot well in my rifle. With 160 0r 140 grain bullets it is an MOA rifle.

I'll try MRP and H4831 and see what I can get. I also have Speer Hot COr Mag Tips and Nosler PT in 160, but I think the Swifts might be better on larger African game, tho' I have used Noslers in this rifle to kill a number of elk.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,707
Members
170,143
Latest member
RashadP24
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top