Advice needed

rsmurray

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have been a "lurker" on here for some time, rarely posting but really enjoying reading and resources. My wife and I are heading to Mozambique in a few weeks for buffalo and croc (Russell Lovemore ph). I am mildly hearing impaired and don't currently wear hearing aids although my audiologist (a cousin) believes I need to be wearing them. I am a veterinarian and have a stethoscope in my ears most the day so I have been reluctant to engage a bluetooth bell for that use and don't want to cram an ear piece against a regular hearing aid. I have been considering the Walkers Game Ear buds for both hearing protection and enhancement while hunting. Any reccs? Thanks, this site is a wealth of information.

I have the walker ear buds, they work great but mine are battery operated and the batteries do not last, may get one good dove shoot out of a set. If I had it to do over again I would get the rechargeable model.

I have used the Sound Gear Platinum custom fits for 4 years, very adjustable and comfortable. They are so comfortable; I have forgotten to remove them on several occasions. All said, I may upgrade to the Phantom's the end of the year. I am in no way unhappy with the Platinum, just to gain some features, adjustability and chargeability as already mentioned above.

I just received a pair of Axil Xcor, they are suppose to enhance hearing when hunting then act as ear muffs when the shot goes off.

I just received a pair of Axil Xcor, they are suppose to enhance hearing when hunting then act as ear muffs when the shot goes off.

I own a pair of sportear brand hearing aids. They are the former name of the company now called Axil. Mine had molds made of my ear canal and in turn they created custom fit hearing aids. They also tuned them based on an audiologist’s report for optimal function. I like them. They are unnerving to wear when still hunting or in a blind because it sounds like an elephant is standing under you when a chipmunk steps on a dry leaf at 40 yards. You hear A LOT more than you would expect when hunting.

I think I paid $700-$900 for them ten years ago?

Interesting thread, will be following, I have hearing aids that I wear daily but don’t use them hunting, had Them for five years and still not used to them

I'm imagining a chipmunk the size of an elephant; thinking of one dropping out of a tree on me ...

I must admit, I love my hearing aids. I am only in my mid 40’s but should have gotten them many years ago. I tried some of the hunting aids but always hated the exaggerated noises. I hit the bullet and got the custom Bluetooth style from Audibel. They tuned them to my ears. The ONLY time I have issues is with a very strong wind at my back or when I’m sweating. I normally just remove them when I know I will be sweating a lot. If it’s windy I simply go into the wind or go into a crosswind. I have had them three years now and heard my first turkey drumming that first spring after getting them. My family and friends all comment on how quieter I talk and I can actually hear them. In summary, my vote is just go for the hearing aids as you will get the enjoyment in all aspects of your life.

I lost all hearing in my left ear ten years ago. My audiologist and ENT doctor say it’s not from shooting. It happened one evening like turning off a light switch. Sudden Onset Sensorineural Hearing Loss was the cause. My GP says that‘s medical speak for deaf as a stump. Anyway, there’s not much sense in protecting my hearing in the left ear. Does anyone know if any of these companies sells a single plug for the right ear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilarEastw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?