A Lovely Vintage Take-down Remington Model 24 - .22lr From 1924

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
This lovely take-down Remington Model 24 was made I believe in February of 1924 (letters L R S on left side of barrel)

It's a lovely example with a vintage lyman style folding aperture sight, a rare and valuable upgrade that sells for several hundred dollars by itself.

The Remington Model 24 was based on John Browning's designs, but was a scaled down, lighter weight version than the similar Browning model that came into production later on.

This particular model is 22 long rifle and is an honest, unmolested example that was owned by a single family since new. When I purchased the small collection about 10 years ago, I was informed by the middle-aged owners that they remembered cleaning this gun and all the others every year starting around 1960, but the family had no ammunition so they so no use in the past roughly 70 years. Each gun listed from this collection is equally exceptional in its original condition.

$1000 plus shipping to your FFL

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG

Still available. Interesting that a reproduction version of this gun on the larger SA22 design, made in Japan, sold for nearly the asking price of this lovely original recently on this very site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
njohh

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa