Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique
Yesterday I was sneaking along pretending I was quiet when a whitetail doe broke out of some logging slash and crossed just 50 meters or so in front of me. I flipped off the safety and scanned behind her, and sure enough, a nice buck was running right behind. So I swung the crosshairs along his body and touched off just as I swung ahead. Put a bullet behind his ear.
On the walk back to camp a grouse was scratching around under a spruce. So I flipped up the rifle sight and plinked it with a .22 magnum solid. I got a glimpse of a wolf near camp but didn't have time for a shot.
I really love the versatility of this set up, a Krieghoff Trumpf dural drilling 16x16/7x57R with .22 mag insert barrel and Kahles 3-9 scope in claw mounts. I can hunt anything in our province with that combination. Handles like a lively birdgun and has the precision of a good rifle. It would be interesting to take this gun on an African hunt some day and really see how versatile it is.
It was a good morning, and made even better when my wife and a buddy joined me to drag the deer out of the bush. We had venison tenderloins for supper and a grouse stir fry for lunch. Life is good!

IMG_5355.jpg
IMG_5347.jpg
IMG_5353.jpg

Congrats on the good day! Thanks for sharing! Nice buck!!!

Congrats on the buck and that is one very interesting gun.

Just had a hunter here in South Africa with a combo in a .22 Hornet and a 12 Ga. Awesome little tool. Congrats on the buck!

Life is good. Congrats on some smooth shooting.

great day
like the sound of that gun
be handy stalking , bush buck and blue duiker at takeri

Real bull-neck on that buck, nice clean 5x5! Congrats!

Nice! Drillings are so nice when you have a variety of game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathyCrum

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?